2018 RM-Z450

Vet261

PR Addict
Anyone else watch the live team launch? They stated this is the 2018 "all new" model that will be used for 2017 MXGP racing.

s1200_new_rmz.jpg

They stressed on the live stream that "It's a lot lighter" which is certainly needed. I'm a little bummed to see a kickstarter on there....

I have my air forks off the Husky at the moment. Also have the Ohlins from the KTM on the bench.
The difference between the two when picked up by hand (weight wise) is astonishing..

new frame, swingarm, bodywork (obviously)

Interesting that this has KYB suspension, I wonder if the production bike will too.

Oh my. [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]. I will probably have to wait till 2019 for the new design.

Did they ditch the air forks ??
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 17 honda still has a kick starter so there is def still hope on the button. The coatings on the fork and shock def doesnt look like stock stuff.

The coatings on the fork and shock def doesnt look like stock stuff.

Gotta keep in mind this is the Works MXGP bike. I asked on Vital about the KYB suspension and people replied saying most of the factory teams in Europe use them. The production bike very well could have Showa still...

I know this is about the 450 but Pretty sure the 17 rmz250 has kyb and the 450 has showa.

Back