CRA Scorcher 100 Mile Challenge

Competition Riders of America and Phoenix Off-Road Park present the Scorcher 100 Mile Challenge

Nearly a quarter century ago, the Blackwater 100, an event that was known as “America’s toughest race”, was ran for the last time. In the years since, there have been many 100 mile races held by various organizations. But nothing has ever lived up to standard set by the original race. The event held in Davis, WV was legendary, just ask anyone who had the opportunity to participate.

In 2017, at Phoenix Off-Road Park in Wintersville, Ohio, the Competition Riders of America will hold our first 100 mile harescramble. With the reputation and legend of Blackwater as our inspiration, the CRA will give you an event that will challenge you both mentally and physically, and test you and your machine on one of the toughest courses you will ever experience.

The Scorcher 100 Mile Challenge will be held on July 22nd and 23rd at Phoenix Off-Road Park, in Wintersville, Ohio. The event will feature a 100 mile ATV race on Saturday and a 100 mile motorcycle race on Sunday, along with our regular pee wee and mini bike and quad programs, which will be extended slightly. In addition, a two hour Side by Side race will be held on Saturday evening, making for a complete weekend of off-road racing action!

Admission for the event will be $20 for adults, $10 for children under twelve. Race entry fee for racers is $50 for amateur CRA members, $60 for non CRA members (CRA membership is not required), $100 for Pro entry. Pro class for both ATV and Bike is a money class and is 100% payback. Pee wee and mini racer entry is $25. Purchase of a scoring transponder is required. Transponders are $5 each.

There are many race details still being worked out. We hope to have online preregistration set up soon. Sponsors will be announced as we receive them. Event news will be posted on the Competition Riders of America website and our CRA Facebook page. There is also Facebook group, the Scorcher 100 Mile Challenge. Questions can be posted on the Facebook group page, or email me directly at rich250r@yahoo.com

We are planning for a 20 mile loop, so a 5 lap race. I would like to get a 25 mile lap, but I don't think we can squeeze that much out of the property.

Back