Pee Wee Quads

John250

PR Founding Father
I have a good friend of mine who's grandson would like to race quads. He is 5 years old. I know nothing about mini quads (cost, type, size, etc, etc). I only could tell him a couple tracks that raced quads.

Is there someone that has the inside on Mini Quad racing that would be willing to speak to him about it? JO? Someone else? He is looking for some basic info on the quads, racing and where to race them.

Let me know.

And before Knox says anything.....yes, I told him to forget the quads and put the kid on a motorcycle. I think maybe it is the father pushing the quad, not grandpa.

If He's a decent mechanic, the DRR 50 would be a good platform. There are a bunch of them on the "Mini Quad Fanatics" page on FB. He should be able to find something used in decent shape for 2000-2500 bucks. If he isn't sure, just get a stocker and take him the fair races. Honestly outside of those races, you really just have the OMA tracks that run quads. CT, BC, Malvern, 62, Amherst.

Harescrambles would be a good option for mini-quads too. Race early in the morning, watch the big boys after the kid's race, or just go home afterward. If you're into that sort of thing.

Back