Kudos to MX Sports

John250

PR Founding Father
I signed Matthew up for 250 C Jr. for the Daytona SX. The class was listed as 14-17. Matthew is 13, but figured he could ride up a class. Received a call from MyLaps on Saturday basically saying that it was a Amateur class and he could not ride up and was ineligible for the class. You can ride up a class in youth classes, but not in Amateur classes from what I was told.

Called MX Sports yesterday and pleaded my case with Kelly. She said I needed to talk to Tim Cotter. Spoke with Tim today. Basically 250 C Jr. was 12-16 last year, Matthew rode the class. I took the stance, why would they want a 13 year old riding 250 C Limited or 250 C, but not 250 C Jr. The class was changed this year to 14-17. That also did not match MX Sports Lorettas class structure where 250 C Jr. is 12-17.

Tim did not disagree, but needed to make a call to the AMA, and would get back to me in a day or two. 3 hours later, Tim calls me, and says the rules have been changed to reflect 250 C Jr. is a 12-17 year old class, and your good to go.

I thanked Tim for listening to reason, and making what I thought was the right decision. He said no, it should have been that way, and happy to make it right. He then said thank you for being a MX Sports customer and we will see you in Daytona.

So as much heat as MX Sports takes sometimes, I can not say enough about the pleasant experience that I had with Kelly and Tim. They both were super nice to deal with, and at the end of the day made the right call in favor of the riders.

Thank you MX Sports.

Back