Campcattail AHRMA Great Lakes Region RD#1

kevin849

PR Member
The Chillicothe Enduro Riders will host Rd#1 at Campcattail on June 10-11. The weekend of legends will be 2 days of racing, swapmeet, bike show and the BEER Map Reunion. MX and trials on Saturday and CC on sunday. The AHRMA series has several races in our area so we are excited to be part of it. Terry Cunningham, Jim Fogle and John Toth will serve as grand Marshall this year. I will post the details here as I get them, I have been working 7 days a week and trying to build a house so I have been a little slow with the fine details but they will come. 100% of all money from this race goes back to the camp, so come out and help out. Thanks if you have any questions I will answer as soon as I can.

Reactions: k01
I have been getting some questions about if you have to be or join AHRMA to race and the answer is no. Dave Woolever from ahrma has put together a nice series this year with the premier event at RED BUD so if you are riding the series and want points you have to be a member but if you are coming for the day and don't care about points then no you don't need to join.

I have been getting some questions about if you have to be or join AHRMA to race and the answer is no. Dave Woolever from ahrma has put together a nice series this year with the premier event at RED BUD so if you are riding the series and want points you have to be a member but if you are coming for the day and don't care about points then no you don't need to join.
Excellent!

Hope to see everyone at the camp.

Attachments

• ahrma.jpg
    ahrma.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 301
Would be helpful if you posted directions and maps, maybe from north( Columbus & South Cleveland) not the easiest place to locate.

Only 3 weeks away, all the tracks are taking shape. The MX track is natural grass track with a few vintage friendly jumps.CC/HS track is 3 miles of nice woods and grass track. MX is Saturday at 9am, trials at 2pm. Bikes must be 20 years old for MX. Sunday is CC/HS with vintage starting at 9am, vintage will race for45min. plus 1 lap. At 1pm will be a modern HS on expanded track for all bikes. We also will have a mini class. Sorry no Quads or pee-wee classes. The Beer Map reunion will have stuff going on all weekend with a dinner starting at 4pm Saturday. Both days we will have a Lap Of Legends, if you are an ex racer and would like to take one more lap this is your chance or if you would like to take a lap in honor of a past rider here is your chance. We would like for you to have a printed jersey with name so we know who you are riding for.

Attachments

• John Toth.jpg
    John Toth.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 186
"Bikes must be 20 years old for MX."

Will age and post vintage classes be broken down in the same way AHRMA usually does?

Such a bummer!!!

Work commitment put the hurtin on going to Unadilla and this weekend is more of the same. Very disappointed I can't make it to this event...I've probably worked 2 weekends in the last 20 years and now two weekends in a row that just happened to fall on AHRMA race weekends.

Have fun!

Thank you to the entire CERA crew and volunteers, Beer Map Group, Trials Inc., and AHRMA GL for putting on a great weekend. I know everyone worked hard, and the effort was appreciated.
the PV HS was probably my favorite event of the weekend, but I might have caught the trials bug, too!

Thank you to the entire CERA crew and volunteers, Beer Map Group, Trials Inc., and AHRMA GL for putting on a great weekend. I know everyone worked hard, and the effort was appreciated.
the PV HS was probably my favorite event of the weekend, but I might have caught the trials bug, too!

Nice time Saturday, 80 MX riders, perfect weather, fun and quite unique track, rubber band start, true old school MX.

Thanks so much for everyone who came out, except for the dust we could not have had a better weekend. This is an event that we really enjoy putting on, great people and all money goes to the camp. Thanks again see you next year

Thank you! That was a well run event on a nice property for a great cause. The dust was a bit of a problem for the MX on Saturday, but it was the same for everyone.

Suggestions for next year: 1) If you can figure out a way to water the driest sections of the track during the race that would be great. 2) Tie the ribbon on the stakes that mark the course about 8 inches off the ground, the track will still be clearly demarcated, but you are less likely to break the ribbon if you run over it. Have seen it done that way at similar vintage MX races out West. (Could use shorter stakes too) 3) Layout the course wider and with a few less tight corners. Most of the course was "one line" which made it challenging to pass unless you were very aggressive or the rider in-front made a mistake. The races got processional midway through the first lap, partly due to layout, partly due to dust. If the course were longer to compensate for being more open, lap times could be similar to what they are now. 4) Keep the downhill/uphill section in the woods. It may not have been to the liking of some of the pure MX guys, but it was fun and different, and the jump out of that section was great! Stack bales two high against the trees at the bottom. With only one bale, when you hit it you endo face first into the trunk (target fixation happens). 5) Separate track entrance and exit from the same chute, that will keep the start cue moving quicker.

I know nothing is ever as easy as it sounds and everyone has an opinion, but hopefully, the above comments are constructive. Excellent event.

Back