Ohio still split

MXracn746

PR Addict
So, from lookin at the schedule for OMA, and knowing what the schedule is for the now defunct D11/OSWMXS, whatever they're called now, it appears we are a state that is still divided. Just as much now as before Obama took office!
Why cant we just become one. Living in the middle, the good side of it is I have options, the bad side is nothing is close, within an hour drive, except for COCR. Fasttraxx, Briarcliff, DMC and route 62 are on that 1hour 15minute band, then it goes up. The point is I gotta get memberships for both to race. Wth!

No district cards needed in the south.
Just too many tracks in the state to get them all in one organization. 2016 may be as close as we ever get to that.
But hey, maybe something good can come from the "split state"
How about an end of the year overall championship? One race, top 10 from each class, from each of the 3 organizations (OMA, Southern, CRA) and a few from the independent tracks. All get invitations to a true state championship....
Organized and run by the racers, for the racers. NO political crap to get in the way.

Until East Fork started having open practice, none of the tracks around here really had open practice in SW Ohio.

Twenty some years ago while in college, I was surprised that there wasn't at least any places like Apple Cabin or Smith Road because outside 270 was very rural/farm (then). I don't remember any tracks in the greater Columbus area at that time. Now there is 62 and I think Scenic started in '99 or '00.

Rt. 62 is close to Columbus.
It's an hour and 20 minute drive for me. Briarcliff is an hour 15 minutes. Honda hills was 45 minutes. COCR is now about 50 minutes with the new 33 bypass highway, which makes Fasttraxx now about an hour and 15 minutes. DMC is an hour and 25 minutes. Grumpy Valley wasn't too far, but they're closed too.

I hear ya. I used to be able to get to the following tracks in about 30 minutes or so:
Wild Wilderness
Grumpy Valley
Honda Hills
Hidden acres?
Lost Hollow
Legend Valley MX or Buckeye Lake whichever they called that for a few weeks.
Quick Sand
All of the above are no more.

Still can to:
COCR
Fastraxx

It's an hour and 20 minute drive for me. Briarcliff is an hour 15 minutes. Honda hills was 45 minutes. COCR is now about 50 minutes with the new 33 bypass highway, which makes Fasttraxx now about an hour and 15 minutes. DMC is an hour and 25 minutes. Grumpy Valley wasn't too far, but they're closed too.
Are you taking a covered wagon to these tracks? Takes me less than two to get to BC and your well under an hour closer...
MapQuest shows you are 35 min from COCR.
You may not be super close to one buy you do have several to pick from that are within reason.
(But tough to make mid week practice sessions)

Back