Skiing the east

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
IMG_5610.JPG
IMG_5624.JPG

The fish eye lens doesn't do justice. These m. Effers were like straight down and riddled with YUUUGE natural soft fluffy moguls.

My legs got so fatigued on the way down these 15-20 minute runs. Makes me want to travel nurse here.
IMG_5616.JPG

Looks like fun. Where is this at?

I finally made it to PeeknPeak last week, which was quite a step up from Brandywine. I am hoping to hit some nicer places next season.

Looks like fun. Where is this at?

I finally made it to PeeknPeak last week, which was quite a step up from Brandywine. I am hoping to hit some nicer places next season.
20170217_102523.jpg

Went to Bristol mountain NY Friday, over near Rochester. Been there about 6 times. Like this place.

1200 vertical. A lot taller than pknpk, 7 springs and Holiday Valley. Not quite as slammed as the others with tourist from my experience.

Pk n Pk is a waste of a drive IMO. Small step above BMBW but once you go there a couple times its not much different

Much better options only a little further away

I have heard several times that Pk n Pk is not that great, but we loved it and will go back for sure. I am aware of Holiday Valley and Seven Springs. What other resorts are only a little further away that are much better than Pk n Pk?
Hopefully we get a little more winter so we can try out another resort.

Peak n peek is a great small place to get away for some night skiing. It's only 1:20 from my house.

Holiday valley is better 2:00 drive.

Seven springs 2:30; but my grandparents live 20 minutes from there. So we kill two birds. Visit bubby (grandma) and her 80 year old Slovak cooking....and stay the night. I've got her to write down her own cookbook because this type of cooking is getting lost with time. But that's another thread entirely.

Vermont is just nasty. That's skiing. You don't just get off the lift and go down the hill in a minute. You gotta tackle the runs with your mind and take a damn map. Some of these runs were definitely a mental game. I had to prop up my wife's confidence a little on a couple. But she did great.

Now I've snowboard most of my life. Picked up skis this Christmas and I like it better. Feels more like Moto. And you have a ton of control with the poles. With basic fundamentals you can accomplish a lot on skis. Oh AND I DONT HAVE TO SIT ON MY ASS EVERY SHOT UP THE HILL AND STRAP IN. Or unstrap on the flats.

I got a few GoPro runs I'm getting up on YouTube. Check back later.

Just got back from Taos NM this week. Talk about steep! I went skiing out west in 2011 and haven't skied back here once. I spoiled myself. Looks like they had good snow Georgie

We stayed at The Hostel right in Teton village. Flew into the Jackson Hole airport. It was definitely one of the nicest small airports I've ever been through. The hostel was just big enough to sleep 4 and that was about it. Not even a TV. I'm not going to say it was cheap. Lift tickets were in the $160 range for a full day. We took everything but our skies, rented those. Our Midwest ice carvers wouldn't have done well in pow.

We have intermediate skis. They worked very well in the powder at smugglers.

Skis are so wide now. I never remember them being wide. It's almost like I got two snowboards strapped to my feet.

Back