Just to review

ck1racerx

PR Addict
image.jpeg
i take a lot of heat on here about living in 1985 but..... Take a look at this result sheet from that wonderful year. No "battle". No state champ. No $5000 purse. Just your average run of the mill race at Kenworthy

You may recognize a few names. And please note where they finished.
So I guess everyone is right, it's not 1985 anymore. 2017 could not wash the jock strap of 1985
BUT... We could do this again... And yes, it's going to take more then 4 damn laps per moto

Has mike larocco been reincarnated as a 20 year old again ? No mylaps ? No transponder ?! How did you guys race back then? What are those scribbles. Where's the typed sheet?

Still only 12 Ohioans on that gate....if we are doin numbers. 3 Moros is legit tho. Some of them scores. Nice. That was probably awesome race to watch. All 2 strokes.

OMG hand writing those sheets were a nightmare!!!!! Sign up girls nightmare-class changes, wrong classes etc......
:p

Handwritten sheets were no fun. Sign-up / scoring / referee report.

On the plus side: Stanton, DeHoop and LaRocco all in the same class!

How on Earth did Scott Paul manage a 4th in the second moto? Did he take everyone out in the first turn? That would have been typical for him...

Todd da hoop used to do the sickest no hander landers at the summit indoor jump contest.

I think I was 7 or 8 watching him sit on his hands and land.

View attachment 54890 i take a lot of heat on here about living in 1985 but..... Take a look at this result sheet from that wonderful year. No "battle". No state champ. No $5000 purse. Just your average run of the mill race at Kenworthy

So I guess everyone is right, it's not 1985 anymore. 2017 could not wash the jock strap of 1985
BUT... We could do this again... And yes, it's going to take more then 4 damn laps per moto

How many laps did they race then? I remember they ran 5 laps in the late 80's.

How many laps did they race then? I remember they ran 5 laps in the late 80's.
Pretty sure it was 6 and 8 for A.
Some of the old dude on here will remember Tommy Watts. That guy could flat out haul the mail.
Pretty sure Dehoop won a 125 supercross crown. Of course L-rock and Stanton won several. Crazy to think it was just a normal race that we got to watch and race in each week in our area

Pretty sure it was 6 and 8 for A.
Some of the old dude on here will remember Tommy Watts. That guy could flat out haul the mail.
Pretty sure Dehoop won a 125 supercross crown. Of course L-rock and Stanton won several. Crazy to think it was just a normal race that we got to watch and race in each week in our area

Dehoop won the 1998 East 125 SX title over "Mad" Mike Jones

View attachment 54890 i take a lot of heat on here about living in 1985 but..... Take a look at this result sheet from that wonderful year. No "battle". No state champ. No $5000 purse. Just your average run of the mill race at Kenworthy

No thanks to motox37 for the score sheet?

It was better in 85, This was 1986 the beginning of the downturn. (Kidding) This was a pro-am event and i won 8 dollars.

It was better in 85, This was 1986 the beginning of the downturn. (Kidding) This was a pro-am event and i won 8 dollars.
$8 from Don Kenworthy... Man, you was lucky. That must have been the 200% payback...
I remember winning both moto's in 88 with over 25 guys in the class and making less than $75.
But hey, the track prep was nice.

$8 from Don Kenworthy... Man, you was lucky. That must have been the 200% payback...
I remember winning both moto's in 88 with over 25 guys in the class and making less than $75.
But hey, the track prep was nice.
The dirt was very similar to the Cliff and practice was always muddy.

6 laps, 8 laps?? Whoa whoa whoa. My elders always said that the motos were like 25 minutes plus 2.......what gives??? However I do admit they made it sound like they were racing the black water 100 in terms of the brutality of the track and length of moto

6 laps, 8 laps?? Whoa whoa whoa. My elders always said that the motos were like 25 minutes plus 2.......what gives??? However I do admit they made it sound like they were racing the black water 100 in terms of the brutality of the track and length of moto
Think lap times were a little over 2 min each for the fast classes. After racing two classes a day, you knew you rode. I was never a big fan of the place. I like corners and Kenworthy only had a few. But the track prep was always primo and with only a couple tabletops, it separated the men from the boys. If the cliff would combine the big track with the C track, it would be close in length. Ever tried that J.O.?

If I remember right, back in the day, the B classes, we were something like 2:30 lap times. I remember one of my best motos ever was in 250 B. I got a 10th place. I heard someone closing on me coming up on me at the white flag. It was Brock Sellard's getting the checked flag. He had lapped through 11th place. The dude was smoking the B class. That was around the mid 90s. Any top 10 for me at Kenworthy's was a good day.

Funny I always remember A riders bitching about the lack of Payout for the A class at Kenworthy's. But they still always drew a big crowd.

Back