Is it the spokes that are holding this bike back from selling?

The headlight and awesome blue wheels/ rims would make up for the 490 being known as a ping monster...all for $5000.00! :)

I can't pinpoint what is keeping this bad boy from being sold.

1.The $4,000 more he wants than it's worth. I would need extra cash for new wheels, a number plate, seat cover(has to say Yamaha on it), strip and blast the silver paint off the pipe, and I am pretty sure a rebuild on the rear shock.

2.Why would you buy that when you could buy this:
https://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/6001934358.html

Still too much at $1800 but looks like a low hour bike. If it was a 465 perhaps......

Croton Ohio. That's just 30 min's down the road from me.

It always surprises me how many old bikes and cars are still just sitting around in garages and old barns. Sometimes in your own towns or neighborhoods. (like mine :rolleyes:)

It's a good one but MW has to give it the green light! He knows him much better then me....... I will tell it though because I was there.

Alright so it was the final race of the year for the AMA PV series in 14 I think at the track just North of Louisville in IN, can't remember the name, and there was a good size triple off an uphill. I was standing right next to it when up comes Denny wide open in practice on one of MW's Maicos(490 I think) and he is nose straight up flying over that thing in a perfect W. Stayed on the pegs for a bit but no chance of lasting long with the bike, they separate and down hard goes Denny on the track, bike ghosts for at least 150 feet.

About 5 of us run over to him lying flat on his back on the track to include a rather attractive nurse(someones wife) and he wasn't doing much. She was rubbing around him and asking questions about his back and all of the sudden his eyes open up and he says "if you keep pushing on my stomach like that I'm probably going to get an erection" and you see this wide smile under the helmet. We all just fell over laughing. Haven't seen him on a bike since I think.............. It was good to see him at Mid-Ohio last year before you wadded Mike!

Alright so it was the final race of the year for the AMA PV series in 14 I think at the track just North of Louisville in IN, can't remember the name, and there was a good size triple off an uphill. I was standing right next to it when up comes Denny wide open in practice on one of MW's Maicos(490 I think) and he is nose straight up flying over that thing in a perfect W. Stayed on the pegs for a bit but no chance of lasting long with the bike, they separate and down hard goes Denny on the track, bike ghosts for at least 150 feet.

About 5 of us run over to him lying flat on his back on the track to include a rather attractive nurse(someones wife) and he wasn't doing much. She was rubbing around him and asking questions about his back and all of the sudden his eyes open up and he says "if you keep pushing on my stomach like that I'm probably going to get an erection" and you see this wide smile under the helmet. We all just fell over laughing. Haven't seen him on a bike since I think.............. It was good to see him at Mid-Ohio last year before you wadded Mike!

What Bill said............ October 18 2014 @ Podium One in Indiana

Back