Expert Advice needed.....

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
Went racing at Muddy Creek over the weekend and had a guy run into my front wheel, we both stayed up but he snapped on spoke half way down the nipple and the other about 2 inches up from the nipple. I rode 2-3 laps like that. Both broke next to the bead lock.

Questions:
Is the wheel ok to just replace the broken spokes?

Should I replace surrounding spokes?

Should I relace the entire wheel and have it trued?

As you guys can tell by now I don't have great luck with spokes......

Thanks for the help!

And if anyone has or knows anyone that has a spare wheel set to fit a 2017 KTM 450SXF for sale please let me know. Going to bite the bullet so I don't drive 4 hours to run 2 out of 4 motos and head home!

Last edited:
What CK said. Fix that stock set, keep those as back up. Go buy a better quality set and watch the stockers collect dust.. That's my plan with my 16 anyhow.

Yea. Moto 1 malvern battle round I got into a guy in turn 3. His peg went through the front wheel and broke two of my spokes.kinda like andersons wheel this week.

Swapped the wheel with oem stock take off.

Replaced both spokes and some touch up paint. Torqued to spec. Spun the wheel. It's still true. Tusk rim and spokes were being used. Did it on lap one. Hit the damn triple. Ran the whole Moto. Got back and noticed broken spokes. Tusks are tough. And I got lucky as well

u can go to harbor freight and get a wheel truing stand and a magnetic dial for like under $50. its one of those few things i will use from HF lol. not really needed just to true up one wheel in this situation, but if you ever want to re lace one youll want it. just be patient with it and youll figure it out.

How was Muddy Creek?
Busy?
Track?

It was kind of slick all weekend. Seems like they didn't rip it very deep at all but was still very fun! It's definitely busy but not too crazy. They do multiple gate drops per moto so you have to keep track of the motos but it's not too bad.

Back