Iron Pony does it again???

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Kinda ashamed to say this but just last week I had my first ever Iron Pony experience. Heard about it a few times but never thought enough about it to make the trip to C-bus. If it had a track outback, I would never leave... That place is amazing. I had no idea it was that big. Aside from a few brand names it has everything my little motocross mind could think of. Been looking for a new chest protector but hate to buy something online without ever trying it on. Well they had almost everyone I want to try.
Need a couple pair of cheap gloves for practice. Yeah they got a couple pairs. WOW.
Fender for a 65? Yeap
Fuel tank, check
Spare new chain, roger
Gear bag? Affirmative

I spent 2 hours just wondering around trying to find something that I needed that they did not have... No success
Now I have actually found a reason to go to Columbus, well atleast something to make a stop at as I drive through.

Being this close and not really knowing about it makes me wonder.... What else moto is out there that I don't know about?
Maybe they should sponsor more local racers / races
Bet they have a wiz bang Facebook page...
The pony gets the CK1 approval. That should double business

Iron Pony was awesome 5-10 years ago, they had twice as much dirt gear than they do now and the late season gear clearance racks were awesome. It's still worth a visit nowadays regardless.

I try to stop a couple times a year when in Columbus for work. I am with the other guy, about 5 years ago, they really seemed to have a lot and would find great deals. Most of the deal stuff now is not stuff I am looking for or want.

Maybe they could come up with some Iron Pony Bucks! I know OMA offered Kames bucks as an option of a trophy at one point, not sure if that is still an option. I would use them just like I use the RM gift cards! My son always has them spent before we get them!

Iron Pony was awesome 5-10 years ago, they had twice as much dirt gear than they do now and the late season gear clearance racks were awesome. It's still worth a visit nowadays regardless.

Woody's right.
It's actually tougher for us to find exactly what we're looking for now when we go there than it used to be. The street bike stuff has overrun the store. That part of it has been very disappointing.

Iron pony is awesome. We live 2 hours away and that is our annual black friday shopping trip. I am lucky enough to be friends with mandy that posted above and the 1 days shipping is true. I talk to her and have the stuff on my doorstep in a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iron pony is awesome. We live 2 hours away and that is our annual black friday shopping trip. I am lucky enough to be friends with mandy that posted above and the 1 days shipping is true. I talk to her and have the stuff on my doorstep in a day.

If only we knew someone who knew someone inside Iron Pony:)

I've often wondered why more shops aren't banging down our doors to promote their businesses. As far as shops go Rocky Mountain has made giant leaps in supporting local racing last year and plan to continue these efforts this year. Kames has always given back to local racing. Do you still shop at BTO or Motosport? Anyone interested in a poll?

Woody's right.
It's actually tougher for us to find exactly what we're looking for now when we go there than it used to be. The street bike stuff has overrun the store. That part of it has been very disappointing.
It is disappointing I remember seeing mx gear and so on wall to wall.

They are an absolute great family ran company as well. They awarded my best friend's dad with his favorite bike in the store last month for his 25th anniversary with the company. Chris takes care of his people, and Cory (CFO) is a great guy as well. Everyone there are legitimate enthusiasts of all things 2-wheels. I actually find myself stopping by just to hang out with people there when I'm in town.

If only we knew someone who knew someone inside Iron Pony:)

I've often wondered why more shops aren't banging down our doors to promote their businesses. As far as shops go Rocky Mountain has made giant leaps in supporting local racing last year and plan to continue these efforts this year. Kames has always given back to local racing. Do you still shop at BTO or Motosport? Anyone interested in a poll?
Motosport has stepped it up recently. I usually pull up RMATV, BTO, and Motosport in separate tabs and search all three for what I want and go with the cheapest. Lately it's been motosport that has actually had a lot of the stuff for my old CR. I got a phone call and email from my newly assigned "Account Manager", that is now my personal contact there. They are pushing the envelope on the customer service side to be a differentiator in a saturated market.

Ricky mountain has live chat and price matches any price (in a few minutes during business hours) as long as it's in stock on competitors website.

On top of the RM cash and the race gas bucks and free shipping I ordered acerbis plastic from them for cheaper than what I get it direct from acerbis with a 45% off sponsorship. It's just hard not to click "confirm order" over there.

Just did my first purchase from Rocky Mountain. Got a reed block for my yz at 135.00 plus got like 7 rm bucks..always got everything from Motorsport but RM was cheaper for sure. For got about the 2 day free shipping. That beats motor sports 3 day.

Back