2018 KTM fuel injected 2-stroke

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Looks like the orange bikes are doing it again.

6f2ec1f396d985d81e04e96364e5be3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Technology is amazing.
Activision releases 3D Pong.
Sanyo releases High def Betamax
Nuclear powered wood stoves.
Tea pot that now works off microwaves.
Caterpillar's all new line of hydraulic hand shovels.

but seriously. Why?
The best part of a 2 stroke is the simplicity. Should be able to say cost, but we all know that will never come down.
The engineers at KTM are amazing but I just don't see a market for this. Never rode an Enduro, is that something they need or want?

What do the Austrians have against petcocks?

Now, who moved my cheese?

Eff jetting. I'm in!

But from the looks of it it's like oil injected....gonna have to refill the oil bottle.

Last edited:
Curious to see if and how much it changes the torque curve. Bottom end will probably hit harder. I don't know enough about motors.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I wonder how much this TPI is gonna boost the price...

Although it'd be nice to not have to worry about jetting and have better fuel consumption, it won't be the same.

I guess they're using the enduro models as lab rats and if it all goes well then they'll imply the FI on the sx models? Maybe?

anyone who has worked on cars know that fuel injection for dirtbikes is actually just a throttle body with pressurized fuel,
benefits are ease of tuning, but besides that, a properly jetted carb will compete side by side
once that have DIRECT INJECTION then things start to change..........
anyways..... wheres my factory kit from yamaha for my yz250????????

had a mechanical fuel injection on my old 750 stand up jet ski... seemed to work ok... not sure i am a fan of a fuel injected 2stroke..other then air screw changes i never really have to mess with jetting on my bikes.. i am sure this is going to add cost to the bikes also.

In 2005 myself and a buddy of mine bought new ski-doo sleds. Mine was carb, his was fuel injection. He would start to pull on me at about 30 mph and gradually walk away from me. Consistently ran around 8 mph faster on top end

Edit: 2-3 better mpg if I remember correctly

Back