pros and cons of my new 2017 CRF450R

SaboMX801

PR Member
IMG_0267.PNG

First off I want to Thank Tri County Honda In WV for the great service and price. $8300 plus a small prep charge. Good People!
I picked this bike up on Monday and left town the next day for a week so I wont get to ride her until next week sometime. But right away I notice a few things about this bike, so I thought I share them with the Pit world.
Cons first,
1. I still can`t believe Honda still has 7/8`s handle bars and mounts which means before I ride this bike I have to switch the bars and mounts. crazy right.
2. I`m not a big fan of the pointed side panels. If you get your pants caught on them you can really get yourself in trouble. The radiator guards sticks out a little bit beyond the shrouds and the first thing I thought of was that my pants will get caught on them also.
3. the foot pegs are way to wide. I prefer the narrower foot pegs
Pros
1. SPRING FORKS, wow as so as I thru my leg over her she felt like a million dollars.
2. I can`t believe how thin the bike looks and feels. It looks likes and feels like a 250
3. how light the bike felt when I thru it up on the bike stand. super light.
4. the geometry and feel is Honda all the way

I`m so excited to rip on this bike and have zero regrets on this purchase. This is my third Honda 450 and I truly believe this is my best purchase not only in quality but price also.

I do want to thank Georgie. I`ve never insured my bikes in the past but this one is!!!

I prefer 7/8 bars....they're set up on my 144. Was considering putting them on my husky ha. Your bike looks good!! Newer bikes are getting sleeker and sleeker.

Now if your bike gets stolen you just go get a brand new one. Don't even worry about shackeling it to lag bolts until you get the set up perfect lol. America!

7/8 preferred by me also. Maybe you could fab some 1980's CR pegs on that new Honda..

Congrats on the new bike!

Just curious...what specifically don't you like about 7/8 bars that you feel need to immediately replace them?

Tri County guys treated me well, hell of a drive but $100 in gas was worth the couple grand I saved on my bike. Amen on the pointy shrouds. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Just curious...what specifically don't you like about 7/8 bars that you feel need to immediately replace them?

7/8th. handle bars are just not a pair of twin wall Renthals. I prefer the Windham bend. one low side crash on the 7/8th. and they are bent. The 1 1/8th. bars also absorb engine vibration better and also braking and acceleration bumps better too. In my mind if you spend over $8000.00 on a new bike you should get a better pair of handle bars. KTM and Suzuki come with 1 1/8th. bars.

I see....I've cartwheeled my 7/8 on the 144 and they didn't bend yet. Broke my collarbone but didn't bend the damn bars. I don't think I've ever bent the 1 1/8 though. Never tried the twin walls...is it that big noticeable difference on vibrations ? Now I'm interested in putting a set on my 144.

Georgie, didn't your new Husky come with 1 1/8 handle bars. The KTM"s do. I bought a 2008 RMZ250 and it came with Renthal fat bars. As you know everything is preference but once you get a set of them you will notice a difference the first ride.

Hondas always look great. If I did not ride a Yamaha, Honda would be my next choice. I thought the all new Honda would be a little lighter. Its like 11 lbs heavier than a KTM. I also HATE the dual mufflers. Time to get rid of that crap and put one pipe on the bike.

They did. I like my husky. My 125 had 1 1/8 and I put 7/8 on liked it better. I think my husky has pro tapers. I don't know though. Still think I kinda prefer the 7/8.

Back