Look at this race schedule

MX_Implements

PR Addict
This schedule is crazy compared to today's.

Attachments

• IMG_2153.JPG
    IMG_2153.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 358
Most promoters figured out Spring races are losers, if the track is a little wet the riders wont ride practice to help dry it out, then they'll just ask for their money back and leave or they'll ride practice and not like the mud and then ask for their money back and leave. Either way the promoter loses, MX guys used to be tough, but not anymore, we've got a society full of snowflakes.

There were lots to chose from back then. Heck, that really doesn't seem like too long ago. It is sad.

COCR has a race on May 21st with a $1000 plus payout in the pro class. The track was changed again a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.cocrmx.com/

Funny, I was just talking to my son last week about how it used to be. We used to race somewhere on Saturday, and some where else on Sunday. Those days are long gone. Now people need a 100 laps of practice the day before every race to learn the track to race the next day

Man hilltop mx was a gnarly track. Remember riding 50 7-8 and 60 7-8 there back in 97ish... I remember watching (michael) Willard buck a huge table to table on his rm80

Man hilltop mx was a gnarly track. Remember riding 50 7-8 and 60 7-8 there back in 97ish... I remember watching (michael) Willard buck a huge table to table on his rm80
That track was fun and had tons of potential, but always dusty as hell.
The table to table was pretty big back then. I remember landing just short once and my day was over.

I suppose getting a $2000-$3000 dirtbike muddy is easier to swallow than a $8000-$10000 bike.

Snowflake, wtf is the difference if it gets lots of tacky build up or mud all over it? Bikes back in the early 90's and before were junk in comparison, a pressure washer meant tearing a bike down and greasing it. Now I can grease a bike maybe 2 times a year, sometimes less. The bearings are still greasy at that.

Basically you are a pussy like the rest of the snow flakes. Its fine, just dont use the bike as the excuse! Lol

What? I'm not afraid of mud. I can't get people on the track first practice at tvland. Hell I can't even get a couple to follow me in different lines to cut the track in. When did I say I was afraid of mud ? I love mud races you bafoon. People today are afraid to get dirty. And they can't ride their bike until all there pretty graphics are spot on.

Nowadays we have to call them snowflakes to be politically correct, back in the old days they were just pussies. It probably started about 15 years ago maybe 20, when ever the AMA made the promoters give back sign up fees because the riders didn't "feel" comfortable on the track.

No, you were on the 450 and I was on the 125 at COCR.....Im not fat!! Lol
That's what I was a'sayin'. Put me on any bike, and my fat ass will get passed by you on your bumblebee all day long. At least I didn't throw down $8k or $9k though.

Back