1992 KX125

KRH

PR Member
My stepson just picked up a 1992 KX125 that needed some TLC and a few pieces. Now we're down to needing a piece for the power valve, the spur gear P/N 59051-1249. It's the one that drops into the base of the cylinder and operates the right exhaust valve. The PO left out every part on this side. I was able to come up with everything except this spur gear. This part was used on KX125's from 1992 to 1997. I'm hoping someone has one of these laying around or if you know of an old time Kawasaki shop that may have one in their inventory or will do a search for me.
We're planning on him racing this at VMD this year in non current.

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi, Bill.
Yeah, absolutely sure because I ordered the 1252 gear. Turns out it goes on the end of the shaft that operates the upper part of the valve that's in the main exhaust port. Partzilla's diagrams only show one spur gear but there are two. I went to Bike Bandit to see what their diagrams showed and they show both the 1252 and the 1249. Having restored an '81 KX250, searching for parts became a hobby for me also. I bought parts all over the world for that bike. I actually enjoy it as long as I'm not under a time crunch. We have to get this bike going so we can get the boy as much seat time as possible before VMD. We're moving him off a quad to a bike and has never raced before.

Thanks, Kevin

A '92 KX125 parts bike popped up on Facebook today cheap and the boys went and grabbed it. We have all the pieces we need and then some. Looks like it may have a Works Performance built shock on it as a bonus.

Back