125s are coming to the outdoor nationals!

John250

PR Founding Father
Inaugural FMF 125 Dream Race Invitational Triple Crown Adds
Two-Stroke Racing to 2017 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship

Three-Race Series Will Include Hangtown, Thunder Valley, and Washougal

MORGANTOWN, W. Va. (April 17, 2017) - MX Sports Pro Racing and FMF Racing have announced and exciting addition to the 2017 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship with the inaugural FMF 125 Dream Race Invitational Triple Crown. This trio of two-stroke races will take place at the season-opening Red Bull Hangtown Motocross Classic on May 20, the True Value Thunder Valley National on June 3, and the Peterson CAT Washougal National on July 29.

The format for each of the three races in the Triple Crown will feature one practice and one moto, which will take place in between the pair of motos for both the 450 and 250 Classes. The competitors that will make up each 125 Dream Race field will consist of past champions, former pros, factory-level amateur competitors, and potentially even industry icons and celebrities.

"The opportunity to pay homage to the roots of American motocross was simply too good to pass up," said Davey Coombs, President of MX Sports Pro Racing. "The draw of a two-stroke has remained prevalent despite the progression of the sport, and thanks to the longstanding partnership we have with a passionate supporter like FMF we have the ability to give our fans and the motocross industry what it wants with a truly special showcase at multiple rounds of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship."

FMF Racing's sponsorship of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, and the sport of motocross, spans decades. The iconic exhaust manufacturer also serves as the title sponsor of the FMF Glen Helen National on Memorial Day weekend (May 27).

"After our inaugural 125 Dream Race Invitational at Washougal last year, it's exciting to have MX Sports Pro Racing recognize the vision of what the 125 Dream Race stands for, and what it brings to the industry and community of current motocross racers and fans, and those still to come." says Joey Lancaster, the founder of the original 125 Dream Race, now entering its sixth year apart of the National's amateur weekend racing program at Washougal MX Park.

image.jpeg

Me waiting on an invite from Morgantown...

"The draw of a two-stroke has remained prevalent despite the progression of the sport..." (eye roll emoji goes here)

Celebrities you say.....?

IMG_5907.JPG
IMG_5908.JPG

Piss on celebrities and former pros. Make it a stepping stone for pros. Stuff like this woulda been beneficial to AC in his pro debut pre growth spurt. As well as zach bell.....

Give us a MEC style triple crown. I don't want to see the road to arenacross or the road to the 30+ vet classes.

Watching guys like David pingree and Ivan tedesco rip 125's is sweet, those guys can still ride man.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Last edited:
I've had a few hours to think this over.

Let windham, sheak, and ferry whip everyone's ass. I'd wave a towel for that.

I wish it was more an A/B Allstar class for up and coming kids to show case their skills on the national level. Make it a stepping stone class. Not old ex pros or anything.
Like they do in Vegas. I love watching those races, do it in an outdoor setting.

Did they show that race on TV? I can't recall. I hope the do more than just highlights.

Did they show that race on TV? I can't recall. I hope the do more than just highlights.
There are several videos on the youtubes. Look for 125 dream race. Last year was a mudder.
It would be great if they expand on this next year and add the class to all the outdoor events. Need atleast one more factory to actually make a 125. That would be a great market for Suzuki. They had a bike on display last year at LL. Build the darn thing

Yeah, hate to say it, but some guys if they have tight ties to Kaw, Suzuki or Honda might not race because they don't make a new 125. I guess they can always find a 10 year old bike and build it up though like others do.

Last edited:
Yeah, hate to say it, but some guys if they have tight ties to Kaw, Suzuki or Yamaha might not race because they don't make a new 125. I guess they can always find a 10 year old bike and build it up though like others do.

Yamaha is still making new 2 strokes...

Back