KTM for sale.....looks legit (Not)

Screenshot_20170420-133158.png

Bahaha.....yelling at me now!

I'm trying to find my son a bike. I hate to buy one off Craigslist because of that but I don't think I can afford new.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm trying to find my son a bike. I hate to buy one off Craigslist because of that but I don't think I can afford new.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Before I had kids in college I would buy bikes on CL from time to time. I never did this but great advice is just to ask them to meet you at the police station or at least very public place in their area and during the day. If they are not willing to do it that says all you need to know. One thing I did do with success a few times is google earth the address and see what the place looked like and what was around it. I also normally found that you could tell just by talking to the person-if they do the text only crap I would stay away.

As far as looking if you know the year and model you really want try going on bikefinds.com - it pools CL and ebay all over the country for the bike you are looking for. It has flaws, leaves them on for a bit when they are sold, etc. but it works pretty well and saves time. I like to list and sort by year when looking.

Good luck.

How did your uncles 450 lock up? Just curious because we had a 16 TC85 lock up with about 10 hours with no races on it.

Back