Off the Bench & Back in the Saddle

Crash-N-Burn

PR Member
As my SnapChaters already know, I picked up a 2017 KX250F from my local dealership this past Friday.
First dirt cycle I've had since hanging up the Alpinestars for Red Wing work boots in the fall of 2012.
Though I have zero plans on ever lining up behind the starting gate, I am beyond excited to be able to ride a few local tracks near me and to also build a "slay"ground here on my recently purchased home property.
And though I've followed the sport non-stop since my introduction in 2001, I'm out of the loop on the latest and greatest shop and maintenance products. When I parted ways with the last machines I had, I utilized No Toil oil and air filters as the simple wash and dry air filters were easy and mess-free.
Perhaps "The Garage" forum would be more appropriate for this discussion but the popularity and regularity of that section is far from par of this.
So, fellow PitRacers, what are some of the must-have and must-use products do you prefer and recommend to keep your machine running like new?
No intentions of motor enhancements or cosmetic beauty, just free riding mostly but want to ensure I'm treating and caring for this new KX250F of mine.
Thanks fellas!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 208
Footpegs. I threw some moose racing pro footpegs on my 16. If you're a taller rider play around with the bar mounts and lowering the footpegs. No toil makes 6 packs of filters which is cool, stock grips are junk too. Just some creature comforts.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I use oxy-clean on my filters these days. It works awesome and is cheap. I agree with the grips too. I've switched over to the emig lock on grips and love them. Easy to install, no mess, and most importantly no twisting! Another recommendation would be an hour meter. A lot of times you think you put more time on your bike than you really do. People do rebuilds thinking they put on 50 hours through the year when really us out of shape dudes barely put on an hour or two per practice day.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

still using no toil filters, cleaner and oil here.. no complaints! works as good as it always has and their filters seem to have improved in quality over the years.

Only recommendation I have besides the obvious stated above is to clean your bike as soon as you get home from the track, dont let it sit until the next day!

Keeps it fresh looking.

Welcome back!

Back