KTM/Husqvarna Oil

shaffstall721

PR Member
My 350 calls for 10W-50 full synthetic.

My question is can I use 15w-50 full synthetic?

I have a case of 15W-50 full synthetic at home and would use this if it wouldnt hurt anything.....

Thanks!

I say your safe, no need for 10W oil unless you plan on using it for ice racing in Michigan winters. I run Mobil 1 15W-50 (car variety) in all my 4 stroke motorcycles for the last 20 some years with no oil related problems. Some people will tell you the car oil will make your wet clutch slip. One of my streetbikes is a 2001 model with a 147,000 miles on the original clutch frictions and it does not slip, it's always been run on Mobil 1 15W-50
Wal-Mart carries the 5qt jugs of Mobil 1 for around $23
hA0GA4oVqvMWP1LtHCRNWYDDafaXDIn9zBIcxdWF1kv8lxYKT91yJp9Jp4yvi2RbO2ld5rdDM5IGK2eRIrC3n9OmGW4ajYE2xpKQeMwm_9HvlRr_gAcYgGTfXX2VT9PtiYbdUhmNIf7V8z2ta7atQ1ZYvqlEtt1WK-OtfJUfl-TwqBbD4x9hfFeuDVEJmwn3BfaWWbbCX_FEhIy3taohZYIoFVdXSsZ0dxl4xkDyII-iPU4HB4L2y2GL0LwTyGvcHqhvGzckrgbh07Tuyme-DrmQfaNNJ3KlruQh0qDL3N2MlN3ZNcVPKt0BSG1DWcOa5WpE0OQXYmQnBNa-posVl3utzkHQscxCGyaG18eh7GEtSZuHluWQxmLa7ht37lSigE5yO2TflMDRX6GJWRY4fAttgRftMrQPH4RQtt-9jY8ZlZevG8bBCUrTq3ptSml_mpFqmMQdI_vr-CUewEeE3ivBfvxLrfyTpnJy758OBTgg8QQdpHygmn7rjL5GR5gibON2dwQXcEV5oGH_i1gOvYNVBBNoXRXx-HSgTIDrE8CYxcqjBvxhqGPWsvgl7BPQcG6Ds2uTbysAo8wPUNCVHA74Y5weRL6DWdYlwvwFGK9P6c3quvPijg=w602-h638-no

The first number is the oil's viscosity at a (very) low temperature. W means winter. So a 10w-50 oil has the viscosity of 10 weight oil in very cold weather and still has the SAE viscosity of 50 weight oil at 100*C. A 15w-50 will perform like a 15 weight oil at low temps but still have the SAE viscosity of a 50 weight. In other words, in your KTM, it won't make a bit of difference if you run 10, 15, or 20w - 50 weight oil as long as the last number is what is recommended (for warm weather use.) If you are ice racing, use the 10W 50.

I put the bel ray ester in mine that the book calls for.

My uncle dropped a valve in his 17 450 husky at 3 hr. Took everything to the shop and husky warrantied it. Even showed them he was running all the book recommended stuff. Don't know if him running what they called/recommended for played a part in warranty. Ktm has same motor but recommends motorex ?

I've been running Rotella in all of my 4 strokes for several years now, starting with my first KTM in 2011, ran it in several KTM 4 strokes, husky, yamaha, honda, suzuki.... i run it in my victory motorcycle, ran the fully sythentic in my subaru... i've had no issues. i change it frequenstly and it always looks great. got 105 hrs out of my 2011 on that stuff before i sold it..and its cheap and available almost everywhere (including gallon jugs at walmart). yall can keep your fancy expensive motorex. its good stuff and i used to run it... but IMO its a waste of $

I've been running Rotella in all of my 4 strokes for several years now, starting with my first KTM in 2011, ran it in several KTM 4 strokes, husky, yamaha, honda, suzuki.... i run it in my victory motorcycle, ran the fully sythentic in my subaru... i've had no issues. i change it frequenstly and it always looks great. got 105 hrs out of my 2011 on that stuff before i sold it..and its cheap and available almost everywhere (including gallon jugs at walmart). yall can keep your fancy expensive motorex. its good stuff and i used to run it... but IMO its a waste of $

i also run it in the 2 strokes and those things are way harder on clutches... no problems there either. but to each there own!!!

Back