Smith Roads Annual 4th of July Race

Our Annual 4th of July race is on Tuesday (7/4/17) gates open at 6:00 am. Admission is $10. Children under 10 that are not racing get in free and anyone arriving on a motorcycle gets in for $5 a person. Sign ups open at 6:30, practice starts at 8:00 am and racing starts at 10:00 am. Race fee's are $25 for the first class and $20 for each additional class. There are no memberships required at Smith Road we are not affiliated with any organizations. There will be classes for bikes/quads/3-wheelers & a pitbike class. We are changing up our class structure for this race and we have a list up soon if the classes offered. Concessions will be open and we will have lots of yummy treats! Should be a beautiful day and lots of fun watching the races [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Many parents have been asking about a 50cc class that would run on the main track. We are going to try something new this race. We are calling it "advanced 50cc" and it will run a portion of the main track. We will be monitoring this class closely we want to be sure that those who sign up for it are capable of riding the big track comfortably. Forewarning: We may have to make adjustments to your registration if we see that your child can not make it around the track, safety is our top priority. We understand that some 50cc riders skill level is too advanced for the beginner track and we want to accommodate them but we also want to make sure everyone is in the class that best fits their ability.

Another suggestion......relabel the 65 class as 65 beginner on the mini track and 65 open or advanced on the big track instead of Jr and Sr. :)

Our 4th of July race is fast approaching (7/4/17, this is a Tuesday) Here are the details, feel free to ask questions!
* 4th of July (Tuesday July 4th) gates open at 6:00 am.
* Gate fee is $10 for everyone racing and all spectators 10 and over. Those spectators arriving on a motorcycle will be $5 a person.
* Everyone must sign in to enter the track.
* If someone needs to drop something off for you, you need to be waiting for them at the gate, or they can leave it for you with one of the staff members at the gate the alternative is that they will have to pay to enter.
* Sign-ups for racing will be in the building across from the concession stand. Its $25 for the first class and $20 for each additional class
* First place winners can chose a T-shirt, Trophy or Smith Road Bucks, 2nd-3rd place winners can chose a T-shirt or Trophy. The trophies are different sizes according to place and very nice. (New shirts for this race come check them out)
* Practice starts at 8:00 am
* Races start at 10:00am. We are planning to run 3-4 laps each moto.
* Kids will be on the peewee track from Junior 65 on down with the exception of the new "Advanced 50" class which will run portion of the main track ***kids signed up for this class must be prepared to demonstrate they can safely navigate the main track
* There will be classes for quads/3-wheelers, pit bikes & Our "run what you brung class *125cc and above bike class we do not have $$ classes for bikes or quads
* Concession stand will be open for the entire race with cold treats and yummy food
* You can come in Monday to park your vehicle or drop your trailer but there is NO CAMPING for this event.
* There is NO pit-riding or bicycles allowed on race day, period! This will be enforced!
* If you are interested in flagging pm us with your information.

90cc mini quads will be on the beginner track this race (due to the fact they couldn't make it around the main track last race)

Another suggestion......relabel the 65 class as 65 beginner on the mini track and 65 open or advanced on the big track instead of Jr and Sr. :)
Would show up if the 65's were on the main track. Peewee track is for P-dubs anyway. You can't race or even practice 65cc bikes there.

The main track is good for all beginners 50cc and up.

Would show up if the 65's were on the main track. Peewee track is for P-dubs anyway. You can't race or even practice 65cc bikes there.

The main track is good for all beginners 50cc and up.
65 sr ran on the big track at the May race. I think it's been that way the last few years we've been going. Nicks a Sr, goes on the big track. We ran the Sr class last race.

Correct there is a 65 class on the big track. It was beginner 65 class on the beginner track but the class name was changed. We have been running one 65 class on the big track since our first race (as new owners) and we had life flight out a 65 that should not have been on the main track. There are plenty of kids that show up to race that have never raced before (since you don't have to buy cards at smith road) we have to take them into account and have a place for them as well as the kids that race all the time and have skills that exceed the beginner track. This is why we are running a 50cc class and a 65cc class on the main track and some classes on the beginner track for those too (50cc & 65cc) so everyone can find a class/track what best suits their ability

65 sr ran on the big track at the May race. I think it's been that way the last few years we've been going. Nicks a Sr, goes on the big track. We ran the Sr class last race.
You goin? We may just do corner practice at home and build the new track.
Trying to talk nick into racing.

I'm not, wife and Bent are. This pesky farming deal is getting in the way of my motocross habit. :mad::mad:

Since he ran the big track, there is no way we could talk him out of it. He loves it!
You goin? We may just do corner practice at home and build the new track.
Trying to talk nick into racing.

Today's the day!! Picking up fresh from the oven donuts for the concession stand, stop by and grab some!

Back