The Greatest Motorcycle Race on Earth

Mike

PR Addict
Anybody else watching the Isle of Mann TT this week, its both amazing and terrifying at the same time. 3 deaths so far this year about the annual average.

If you havn't watched it previously check out this lap.

Too fast for me. Pretty cool, but I can't help the anxiety of something catastrophic happening. Done did myself on my little ol' dirt bike going 25-30 mph...

I went in 2001, use to have a friend that was a teacher on the island and that made it much cheaper to stay. 3 people killed so far this year.

Absolutely insane. I'd be good with one straight stretch and my heart rate would probably near death.

If MX is a sport that takes 2 balls.

This might be the mutation, 3 Balled riders, OMG if you watch the video, 200 mph beside a stone wall, as you head to the JUMP, yes the jump on a street/racing bike.

Those helmet cams freak me out. I watched a documentary where the guy got to ride this track off-season. He stopped at some curve and pointed out the crosses where people died. Very sobering. On the other hand we're all going to die at some point. Isn't it better to go out in a blaze of glory than on some hospital bed with cancer eating out your ear hole?

Eh.I wanna LIVE on a motorcycle. I don't wanna die on a motorcycle. If I do. Yea it sucks. But....I'd rather just drop dead yelling at the tv when I'm 96 or so. "Back in my day the holeshot rumble would shake the earth...damn kids and their electric bikes" *croak.

I watched "Road" on Netflix the other night again. Man what a great movie. Actually a somber movie. Then I watched TT3D on youtube. Another great movie I recommend.

Definitely an insane race. As a road racer, myself, it's an event I would love to attend and just take a bike out on the course. I doubt I'd have the jibblies to race at full go around that place though. A roadcourse is fun enough for me lol

BroJoo I got into watching Moto GP the last few years..
As a younger man I always though it was boring so I never gave it more than a 10 second look.
Totally hooked on the sh!t now....
What an awesome sport!
The smaller bikes provide even more excitement.
Incredible what those guys do on machines.

BroJoo I got into watching Moto GP the last few years..
As a younger man I always though it was boring so I never gave it more than a 10 second look.
Totally hooked on the sh!t now....
What an awesome sport!
The smaller bikes provide even more excitement.
Incredible what those guys do on machines.

It's pretty crazy, and the Moto3/Moto2 races have been INCREDIBLE this year! Like anything else, you will appreciate it even more when you take a bike out on the track. So much fun though.

Moto GP and TT are so different. Those TT guys, many hold regular joe jobs in between races. They have balls of steel.

Back