Cleveland CycleWerks?

Vet261

PR Addict
Anyone heard of them?

I never had, until I was in State 8 today and saw them on the showroom floor. The one scrambler model is pretty cool.

They also have a strange mountain-bike'ish type bike.

http://clevelandcyclewerks.com/

Ace+Scrambler+Orange+2017.jpg

2014_FX_Black_Rear-209.jpg

Pretty sure they are chinese. I ask about the pitbike/bicycle looking one and the guy says stick to your jap stuff. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In theory they are great. Cheap transportation and cool styling. But the rest of the world drives motorcycles more than cars. Like India just surpassed China for buying the most motorcycles in a year, I think 17 million. But we have more money to buy Japan's better quality products and Austria of course, the big 5. Chinese stuff is getting better but breaks to soon and no parts, like my generator. When I saw the article I thought some local guys were building there own brand.

Made in China. I spoke to them a few years ago about coming on board as an engineer. At the time they were literally a 3 man shop. Smitty from Pitracer was their mechanic. I passed on joining them, but I could see what they were trying to do and kinda dug it. I am just not a fan of Chinese manufacturing. Some of the bikes were "designed" in house. Others were not, such as the FXX.

I agree Sharc, that FXX looks like a lot of fun on an MTB trail or urban-crossing around town.

the bicycle deal is a close look alike to a "motoped"... guys put pit bike engines in mountain bike chassis, for what reason I'm not sure but they are fairly popular.

The scrambler is well...if you are into ninja 250s then its right up your alley. buddy of mine actually won a street bike from them through a "text to win" deal and I got a chance to work on it/ride it. (so that it would idle/run before he sold it - had 2 total miles on it) They used to have a crf450 china copy in previous years too.

There were a couple guys riding around on the FXX's at VMD last year.

I talked to one of them and got to ride it around on the ol circle track circus out back.

Felt light, mellow power. Would make a decent pit bike or playing around on mellow trails.

Yep. Chinese. That Scrambler thingy is super cool though. I remember seeing a 150 or 230F Scrambler looking bike a long time ago. I really like cool and inexpensive small bores myself. Suzuki has some kind of unimpressive 250, and Yamaha makes a similar 400. seen some super cool Scrambler and Cafe builds out of them on line. --L*64

Back