2 stroke shoot out at MX Express

Ryan598

PR Member
IMG_2133.PNG
Haven't seen a post about this. Looks like they're going to have a limited class schedule and all two strokes. Just what everyone always asks for. I'll be there!

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 55767 Haven't seen a post about this. Looks like they're going to have a limited class schedule and all two strokes. Just what everyone always asks for. I'll be there!
Is anyone going? What are people saying? There is very little talk about this. Is it because of High Point / KOC weekend? This is the grassroots of motocross.

I searched last week and couldn't find much info on it, so I'll be at high point.

Dirt looks good..
IMG_1695.PNG

But something looks off about this jump they just built:confused:
IMG_1694.PNG

Some of the jumps do tend to kick you if you're not on the gas. This is the second year for them after that track being closed for like 10 years or more. It's turning into a nice place. About as close to redbud soil and conditions as you can get. If you've been down the turnpike to redbud you've seen this place by the airport in Toledo.

That jump or whatever it is does look funny, but I rode there 2 weeks ago and can say the jumps are fine. I loved the place and will travel there 2hrs before I go 10 mins to some of my local jokes. For practice they had a flagger on many of the jumps and an ambulance. The whole time I was there I was regretting selling my two stroker. Dirt is basically red bud.

That's not a jump face. That's the side of the bigger table top. Pretty sure they are grooming that to plant seed. The family who is leasing the property now are absolutely awesome! Some of the nicest people you will meet in the pits. The father goes to every single truck, trailer, van and shakes everyone's hand every day. I normally make the 3 hour drive up to ride Tuesday Nights, spend the night then ride sand in michigan at Supercoops on Wednesday. Easier because I'm originally from there.

The track is a blast. It's a massive work out keeps you working the entire time. Lines are constantly changing, and gets rough. Only thing is it could be longer, but they are handcuffed by the amount of space they can use. Any skill level will have a great time for practice days!

Haven't been to one of their races yet, but they do really unique events like this 2 stroke challenge, then pro invite, & mini shoot out!

Check them out they ride every Tuesday, Friday, and one of the weekend days!

Track is a blast to ride. Below is coppied from their page.

2 stroke Shootout Final Class List and Practice Order!!

Practice Order:

125/250 Novice
125/250 Expert
50/65/85 Novice
50/65/85 Expert
Vets/Women
Supermini
Open/Bomber class

Final Class List

50 Expert/Novice (4 laps)
65 Expert/Novice (4 laps)
85 Expert/Novice (4 laps)
Supermini (4 laps)
125 Expert/Novice (5 laps)
250 Expert/Novice (5 laps)
Open 2 stroke (5 laps)
Vet 30+ Open 2 stroke (5 laps)
Vet 40+ Open 2 stroke (5 laps)
Vet 50+ Open 2 stroke (5 laps)
Women's Open 2 stroke (5 laps)
Bomber Class- 2002 and older (4 laps)

We had to trim a few classes to ensure for a full day of racing, without going too late into the afternoon/evening.

This is our first attempt at a FULL scale race. We kindly ask for your patience. We appreciate all of your support and are looking forward to some great racing.

Gates open at 7:00. Please be early so we can get everyone registered and practice started promptly.

Gate fee- $5
Racing fee- $35 first class, $25 second class

Pizza will be sold by the slice from Pisanellos pizza (yum)

Championship Powersports and Motorcycle Solutions will be out doing some track vending.

BCSN will be on location filming most of the 2nd motors. Look your best!!

We have a unique starting gate situation. We only have 10 gates, so all starts will be done Arenacross style, 20 bike maximum. (So there may be main event qualifying races if classes have big turnouts) We believe this will make for some GREAT racing!

We look forward to seeing everyone Saturday, June 17th for our 2 STROKE SHOOTOUT!!

We were there for the 2 stroke Shootout. Pleasantly surprised. The track is a bit on the smaller size. For the space that they were given, they have done a great job. As for parking... They may have a bit of an issue, if their events get any bigger. For one their first ever race events, I think they did a pretty good job. Now for my constructive criticism. 1. They need a better plan on getting in the gate. People were stopping in the entrance and having to leave their vehicles to walk over to sign in. Then those same people were also signing up for the race,as they blocked the only way in. 2. The practice sessions before the race, were way to long. Definitely got your seat time, but don't run it like a practice day. 3. A play by play announcer would be a nice addition. 4. I was shocked that the track kept its moisture as long as it did. But only watering once? Please figure out a better way, either with the running order or slightly spraying. Again definitely a great start to a very nice track.

I think that track was once called Zero Gravity.
Nice place
Small, but kept up nice.
Great dirt. Almost sandy.
....nothing to be afraid of - they know how to build jumps

This place has definitely been added to the must do list for this summer. Heard a lot of good things. Plus, it's less than an hour from us.

Back