Redbud

So besides at the 450 podium the crowd chanting build that wall and trump! trump! trump! The entire day was awesome.

Oh wait. Yea build that wall was awesome too.

IMG_6278.JPG

Last edited:
Hey it's better than canard with no 450 championships. Kennys arm was mangled. He can drink a few at redbud if he wants to John ha.

Great race, looks like Baggett has his work cut out. The Martin brothers need to learn to stop falling down all by themselves. I watched Webb's crash several times. Man he high sided and flew like a bullet. I hope he is alright. Looked like a good crowd for the race and perfect weather. Great place for the MXON's next year. Any talk of that there on race weekend?

Dude there were some factory beer bongs out there. Set up with odi lock on grips to let her rip.

And then Sunday morning. I got one eye squinted close. A pounding headache. So I mozy on up to the leap. A coworker of mine wanted to see someone hit it. And I say to him well there probably won't be anyone hitting it now the A riders are done. But we go anyway.

The loud speaker comes on...."screech kahahksshhhhh vet practice on the track." So I'm sippin on my freshly brewed redbud coffee, sausage biscuits n gravy....chew chew chew. And I hear this:

bwasaasswaaaaaaaarrruuuuuuuuuht.

Look up don't see anything. Out of the corner of my right eye and dropping from outside of my view John grewe lands the leap. I then Spit my coffee out. My buddy go who was that kid ?! I Look at my buddy and say yes, he's a +50 rider. My buddy spits his coffee out.

Last edited:
Geze. I've been itching to get over it again. Last time I was there, I didn't even have a small thought of jumping it. And I'm only 35. Over 50 is nuts!

I've raced Grewe before......well, i was on the same gate with him. That dude is crazy fast, without looking like he is going that fast. Still would never of guessed him hitting Laroccos leap.

I've raced Grewe before......well, i was on the same gate with him. That dude is crazy fast, without looking like he is going that fast. Still would never of guessed him hitting Laroccos leap.

I am in the same boat Grand Rapids Ax in the plus 25 class Dude is crazy crazy fast!!

I've seen Grewe do the leap in it's previous configuration too. So, I guess I sort of expected him to be doing it this time.

My accomplishment of the weekend was not getting lapped by him in +45. Running the full pro track with longer lap times I was thinking I might.

Back