Flaggers

John250

PR Founding Father
We complain about incompetent flaggers at races all the time. Guess we really should not feel so bad. Even at the pro nationals where there are 40 super fast guys, some flaggers are clueless. Check out this guy in the Cole Seely crash from Muddy Creek. Cole is down, bike is in the middle of the track on the back side of the jump, and flagger is up there on top of jump totally clueless without the flag out. If you notice the flagger on the previous jump is waving his flag, but on the jump where the accident is, no flag out.

Cole did not race second moto, anyone know if he was hurt?

My wife asked me what the heck was up as I was cussing so much when I was watching it. It is beyond ridiculous that they can't properly train and I am guessing pay someone to do that properly at a National. I can see it at a local race but on that level - really? Where the hell was Nick Wey to save the day like he did in Colorado?

Hell, you would think they could get experienced volunteers to do it for free. I would. But I would probably be that in your face flagger that would hit you with the flag.

Dude was looking at the riders coming at him, and not even watching the part of the track he is responsible for. The other guy must have seen it happen.

This gets brought up on vital all the time. And D.C. Says they're more than capable and that the situation dictated the result of the flagger. Meaning we can't afford to hire guys to travel the circuit and what you get is what you get.

Riders collective bargaining could negotiate trained flaggers. But the riders won't ever demand to collective bargain. Riders are great contractors though. They continue to show up every week.

Right in front of where I was sitting, people were yelling trying to get someone else to wave the flag but it didn't help.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

This gets brought up on vital all the time. And D.C. Says they're more than capable and that the situation dictated the result of the flagger. Meaning we can't afford to hire guys to travel the circuit and what you get is what you get.

Riders collective bargaining could negotiate trained flaggers. But the riders won't ever demand to collective bargain. Riders are great contractors though. They continue to show up every week.
Kind of like nurses?

We complain about incompetent flaggers at races all the time. Guess we really should not feel so bad. Even at the pro nationals where there are 40 super fast guys, some flaggers are clueless. Check out this guy in the Cole Seely crash from Muddy Creek. Cole is down, bike is in the middle of the track on the back side of the jump, and flagger is up there on top of jump totally clueless without the flag out. If you notice the flagger on the previous jump is waving his flag, but on the jump where the accident is, no flag out.

Cole did not race second moto, anyone know if he was hurt?

Man he hit hard. Good thing he was able to get out of the way.

Back