2017 EROC Moto X Country Series

cf6e8a3e8559a6d42ae2db62c698fe6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

The concept of MotoXCountry was to combine mx and xc in an attempt to find the best all around racers. What discipline do you think will come out on top in these types of races??

Depends on the layout. Haha. % of track. If it could get a true 50/50 % one could really assess it. But...that probably isn't feasible.

I got waxed at crow canyon. Tight, technical and more woodsy. But did markedly better at tvland, more wfo sections and moto....

What I love about these races is that they challenge you to think outside the box because you're not always in your regular riding discipline. And add the 45 minutes plus 1 lap----just makes it more difficult for the sprint moto guys but forces you use different muscle groups and ride adaptively. And will test your stamina for sure. Unless you're a regular scrambler...then you're just getting warmed up by time the checkers waves I'd imagine.

This is My favorite series of the year!

When moto people complain about less classes, longer motos and Shorter overall days this is the series they should attempt. You might get addicted to it.

Anyone else out there, or do you all lurke-only ?

Last edited:
Whatever discipline I'm in (couch dweller?) is the discipline that will win, basically. I've ridden three times so far this year. Really racking up the hours on the bike. So I'm going to try to come out of retirement and race. Should be good as I have a golf outing the day before. I usually get super hydrated at those, so I'm looking forward to putting in two solid performances...maybe just one mediocre performance.

Either way, this series is where it's at. Don't be scared by the long motos. They really fly by since the laps are longer than your standard moto track. More stuff to look at (or dodge depending on how your day goes). Class structure is super cool. I suggest running two classes. Just makes it more fun. Also cool to have a beer after the races and bs with everyone. These races are really laid back and fun. No idea why everyone doesn't just jump on this bandwagon.

Question.....since you're using transponders do you need number plates all around? I peeled mine off the sides washing my bike last week, still have the one on the front though.

Question.....since you're using transponders do you need number plates all around? I peeled mine off the sides washing my bike last week, still have the one on the front though.

No bike numbers necessary

Discipline has never been my strong suit! I'm going to race anyways. Definitely beers afterwards!

Yea I think I'm going to drink your beer too. Kx514 park next to me I'll be close to his cooler.

Now before some of you get the idea it's a "hold my beer watch dis" expedition race it's not. I'll be well hydrated for the day. Beers for the end. It's nice to drink 1 beer slowly and stilL be home, cleaned up before 330pm.

Are any of my southern Ohio friends going to this race? I'm going on vacation directly from there, and I would like to not have to take my bike with me. Or, does anyone have a loaner bike? Thanks in advance.

Man I haven't had that much fun on my bike in awhile! Thanks for the kickass day, I'm hitting the rest of the rounds for sure. Woods had some deep ruts, track was a lot of fun. Hope more people come check this series out, I'm sold! Pick up some more rounds! 40 minutes goes by quick when you're having fun.

Great day for sure, the woods where about as good as you could get, and the track is always fun. You club guys did good!

Thanks everyone for coming out, great turn out for round 1 !!!!

Georgie where were you at?

Clinical rotation. Preceptor picked up Sunday and I'm obligated to work when she does. Hey I graduate next may. No excuses then! Is what it is, but in grand scheme of things I'm setting myself up now for the rest of my vet racing years! This medical stuff has taken up all my 20s and scratching my 30s. I'll have until I'm 60 to race tho after that right ? Or maybe I'll just be scoob for life.

Exactly Georgie. Set your self up for long term success. Then you and your wife will be able to enjoy life the way you want and not struggle.

Clinical rotation. Preceptor picked up Sunday and I'm obligated to work when she does. Hey I graduate next may. No excuses then! Is what it is, but in grand scheme of things I'm setting myself up now for the rest of my vet racing years! This medical stuff has taken up all my 20s and scratching my 30s. I'll have until I'm 60 to race tho after that right ? Or maybe I'll just be scoob for life.
I was wondering where you were! Too bad you couldn't make it!

Back