FINALLY... The southern swing

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Those of us not living by North Korea 2.0 (Cleveland) have been waiting a long time for this, but our season is finally here. Just in time for crazy high humidity and pop up thunderstorms that could drown a duck. 5 straight weeks of good old D-11 racing. (Lets face it, we may as well just go back to D-11 and 12)
Luckily I have been spending all my time lately around baseball fields and not getting in any kind of racing condition so I am sure I will perform well....
We all know we are going to get high quality at round one, Chilitown. Low 80's and sunny for Sunday so it should be another gate buster.
Then, onto the redesign Dirt Country. Those of you that don't know, and I am sure that is most, since they do not promote their events very well. DC made some track changes and had an open night practice on July 3rd. Pretty fun, slowed it down a lot which was much needed and it makes for some pretty good passing zones. Still narrow but hey, one step at a time.
Then we really enter the great unknown. Dayton did not have racing last year and rebuilt the track. We went to a couple practices and I do like the changes. They are really limited by the property but trying to make the best of it.
On to the Fork. Great dirt. Have not heard of any track changes. I am hoping for more corners... hint, hint...
After that... Treaty City. Their one and only race of the year. Most would say that is 1 too many, but I am hoping the new track will be better. YES, they do have a new track. I don't know who did it or what it looks like but hey, its new at least. And cant be worse... Right?

That leads to RB vetfest. Not sure if I am going, but maybe. After 5 weeks I am sure I will need some time off.

Stick Loretta's in the middle of that and you have a pretty busy time of the year for moto around here.

Dayton was rebuilt again i am told and made changes.

Hershey and I were just wondering why you were MIA.

Yes, TCMC will be 98% different. Actually when I went by there the other day and the only thing that remains of the old track, that I could tell, was the scoring tower and the hill that runs up by the parking lot. There have been a few club guys that have track building experience doing a LOT of the work. The weather is definitely not helping them get things done but I think they can pull it off and hope that people will like it.

Back