Annual list for LL by state

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Let's hear it... We're number 9, Where number 9....

Yeap, Ohio now ranks #9 in the states sending the most to the Ranch. Minni-frick'n-sota now sends more. And if it were not for the Old dude classes of 40+ and above, we would be MUCH lower.
Top 10:

Cali = 214
Texas = 129
Florida = 121
Georgia = 71 (17 from Cairo)
Penn = 57
North Car = 56
State up north = 52
Minn = 46 (13 are ice fisherman)
Ohio = 42
Ill and Utah = 37

Kentucky = 19 (rank 23)
Indiana = 28 (rank 17)
Tenn = 33 (rank 13)

Biggest jump up - Colorado with 35 this year. Must be inspired by Toesmack

Just so you can compare
2005 numbers

Florida = 130
Cali = 125
Texas = 102
Ohio = 95
Up north = 87
Georgia = 68 So if you want to blame the moto camps in Georgia... sorry, the numbers don't back you.
North Car = 64
Penn = 51
Tenn = 46
Ill and Minn= 42

Kentucky sent 35
Indiana 23
Colorado sent 22

Oh yeah, Australia is sending 10 this year... Canada got 20 entries.
The racers in Cali should rent a train. Good Lord, those are mid 80's numbers.

For those that made it. Congrats. You got 2 weeks to get ready. Stop reading this and go for a run. Start hydrating now. The rest of us losers will be cheering you on. Think I will go down for a few days with my laser pointer. We need some podiums.

If you got the money you're going. California local scene is dead to from all the reading I do. Except for small series races backed by twmx....California is expanding its LL entry tho....nationwide kinda the same complaining about local scenes via various moto forums.....makes me wonder. People wanna race just don't wanna waste money racing 2 people at about 3 laps locally.

Look at chilitown super competitive A class. That never happens. People just tightening their belts and traveling to big off races. Not messing with local hub bub.

Australia. That's a commitment. Provably cheaper for me to race a stock car at the local speedway than to chase lorettas from Australia.

Of the 68 Georgians how many from Cairo? There zero from Cairo Georgia of the 95 Ohioans....(try to keep up with me here on my point)

If they all were it still would not be numbers that we sent from the 80's though 2005
Does anyone know guys training there? Do they have a super special for only Ohio riders? Because they sure are not hurting numbers from Minn and Wisconsin.
It's not training facilities. It's 4 lap moto's, not racing when it too cold or too hot or too muddy, just not racing... Damn open practice and whip pix for twitter.
Longer moto's get you in shape. Good conditioning gets race wins. Plain and simple.
But hey, you got a 50 cent trophy for schoolboy 5, 65 extra or dropout of college 18 to 21 and 4 months
J.O is correct. It's not 1985. Back then Ohio racer where fast and quads took hay bales to cows or in the woods. People actually wanted to advance to the next class up.
Oh. And C class were squids that crashed everywhere and wore jeans and work boots. You know, BEGINNERS. Not sandbaggers that made it to Loretta's one year than sat out a year so they can go back.
Stop giving trophies to the C class. Better yet. Inforce the rules to make people move up. If they don't like it and quit. GOOD. Get the hell out

If they all were it still would not be numbers that we sent from the 80's though 2005
Does anyone know guys training there? Do they have a super special for only Ohio riders? Because they sure are not hurting numbers from Minn and Wisconsin.
It's not training facilities. It's 4 lap moto's, not racing when it too cold or too hot or too muddy, just not racing... Damn open practice and whip pix for twitter.
Longer moto's get you in shape. Good conditioning gets race wins. Plain and simple.
But hey, you got a 50 cent trophy for schoolboy 5, 65 extra or dropout of college 18 to 21 and 4 months
J.O is correct. It's not 1985. Back then Ohio racer where fast and quads took hay bales to cows or in the woods. People actually wanted to advance to the next class up.
Oh. And C class were squids that crashed everywhere and wore jeans and work boots. You know, BEGINNERS. Not sandbaggers that made it to Loretta's one year than sat out a year so they can go back.
Stop giving trophies to the C class. Better yet. Inforce the rules to make people move up. If they don't like it and quit. GOOD. Get the hell out

The C class BS is my largest gripe right now in MX. As someone who is mostly outside the sport and looking in, I see people who have had a career of riding in the C class and never moving up.

I don't want to make this a "back in my day" post but when I started nearly 20 years ago, there wasn't points awarded in C class. If you wanted to win any year end awards, you made the move to B and put in the work to get better. With all these big dollars spent on awards to go to C classes, contingencies paying out, and a few hundred dollar haul of goods handed out to the winner of C class in year end awards, I can see why people don't want to move up.

The C class BS is my largest gripe right now in MX. As someone who is mostly outside the sport and looking in, I see people who have had a career of riding in the C class and never moving up.

I don't want to make this a "back in my day" post but when I started nearly 20 years ago, there wasn't points awarded in C class. If you wanted to win any year end awards, you made the move to B and put in the work to get better. With all these big dollars spent on awards to go to C classes, contingencies paying out, and a few hundred dollar haul of goods handed out to the winner of C class in year end awards, I can see why people don't want to move up.

Could not agree more. And the manufactures even pay contingency for the class so that compounds the issue. On the national level, any number larger than 3 on your ama card should disqualify you for the C class at lorettas.

Just this past weekend there was a kid that has not raced in over a year. Was bumped to B class two years ago. He petitioned the AMA because he said he wanted to try to make lorettas this year in C class. This guy never raced B class.....so how does the appeals board even know if he is competitive or not in B? They granted the appeal and he's racing C class. He was in the top 5 in both open and 250 c. That appeal to move back should have never been granted.

I firmly believe they do not consider anything and grant all appeals. If not show me ones not granted, because I scratch my head why some are ever granted. Guys are plenty fast for B class.

I think once you are "bumped up" you should have to race at least one season and have results to back up your case before appealing.

In the off-road world, where I am from, I know of a few older A guys who have appealed back down but they toiled around in the A class for years and had results to back up their claims that they weren't competitive with other A riders. Even guys who quit for 10-20 years raced at least one season in A after coming back before appealing.

Not to say we don't have this sandbagging problem in the off-road scene though. I am currently dealing with a guy who races local outlaw harescrambles in the Pro class and is winning them who then comes to the AMA sanctioned enduros and races against me in 250A. It's BS and nothing is being done about it.

We also had a guy who turned A back around the time I did, (03-04) come back this year and sign up for 40+B and smoked the class. He was protested and it was taken care of thankfully.

I don't think anything is going to be done until the people who are upset with the current situation stand up to it and let the AMA and promoters know that they aren't going to stand for it. Unfortunately, it will likely never happen. People with strong morals who make principled decisions are becoming the minority in our sport and our society.

To be perfectly honest, this is my inner promoter thinking here, I would love to make a C beginner, C (regular), and C Expert. Then I'd have 3 classes that were nearly full. LOL. I like it, maybe even at 16-24 C, 50C, 65C, 85C.....we sometimes get lost in what's right and wrong in our own minds, and separated from supply and demand. Maybe to grow the sport, we should look at supply and demand as well.

To be perfectly honest, this is my inner promoter thinking here, I would love to make a C beginner, C (regular), and C Expert. Then I'd have 3 classes that were nearly full. LOL. I like it, maybe even at 16-24 C, 50C, 65C, 85C.....we sometimes get lost in what's right and wrong in our own minds, and separated from supply and demand. Maybe to grow the sport, we should look at supply and demand as well.
What were the class structures back in the mid-80's, anyone have a list we can enjoy!

Up until 1982 it was
Mini Jr
Mini Sr
Schoolboy
100A
125 B
125 A
250 B
250 A
500 B
500 A

Then in 83 they added 60's, Senior (Not 30+) and 1 C class. But killed the 100 classes and the 200 class
That is pretty much where the snow ball started.
Still all through the 80's they only added a second C class and a Super Senior class (now 40+)
Late 80's began the "Lightweight and Heavyweight" A classes and the 500 class went the way of the dinosaurs.

Now some tracks would add 1 or 2 other classes here and there, but nothing official.

Think it was that way until late 90's. Then they started to split everything because promoters found a way to get more money from the people showing up by adding "extra" classes. That way Johnny junior could run 2 classes on one bike.

Next thing you know we have 4 50 classes, 3 65 classes, Super mini, 2 schoolboy's and 30+ A, B, C, D, beginner, beginner with blue eyes, Beginner that is really not a beginner but don't think they are fast enough for D......... And that brings you up to date.... One giant shitt hole with 4,312 classes and 4 laps. But hey, the promoters can say they had 500 entires. Even though it is still the same size crowd as 1980.

Not a bad idea. If fact, why not have a C class weekend? Schedule it on an off weekend. If you policed it well and only allowed true C riders, you would clean up. Then at the big weekends you can trim the classes down and make the program run smoother and faster without the plethora of classes.

Back