AMA Kiosk

John250

PR Founding Father
With tracks now using the AMA touch screen kiosk machines, why can't the AMA set that up with parameters. For example, if your a AMA B classification, it does not allow you to sign up in a C class. Or if your 38 years old, it would not allow you to sign up for a 40+ class?

When you pre-enter for a race, you simply put in your AMA number and it validates that that is a valid AMA card. So why could the program not put parameters on all the other stuff by reading your card? We all pay the AMA every year to govern our sport. Are they really governing it? Or do they just react to a complaint?

I also am a lot more curious about the AMA appeals process. 8 of the top 10 250c riders at Ironman all had appeals granted? Really? I find it hard to believe all of them were not "competitive" in B class. And my SW Ohio kid that I mentioned in another thread was bumped to B, and never raced one B moto, and was granted an appeal back to C. Why would that be granted without any evidence that he was not "competitive"

Seems to me the AMA collects the $50, grants the appeal and moves on. Alex......what percentage of appeals are granted that are requested by riders?

I was asking the same thing about the AMA using a data bank and being able to put the rider in their proper class. Seems pretty simple.

Simple is cashing your $49 check each year then doing nothing.
If you know ANYTHING it is that you can not rely on the AMA to work on anything local motocross.
Now if you sell them the idea they can make more money and use the tech at vintage days, Dingman would take you to dinner just to listen to you.
We are on an island. Fit it yourself or make due with what you have.

With tracks now using the AMA touch screen kiosk machines, why can't the AMA set that up with parameters. For example, if your a AMA B classification, it does not allow you to sign up in a C class. Or if your 38 years old, it would not allow you to sign up for a 40+ class?

When you pre-enter for a race, you simply put in your AMA number and it validates that that is a valid AMA card. So why could the program not put parameters on all the other stuff by reading your card? We all pay the AMA every year to govern our sport. Are they really governing it? Or do they just react to a complaint?

I also am a lot more curious about the AMA appeals process. 8 of the top 10 250c riders at Ironman all had appeals granted? Really? I find it hard to believe all of them were not "competitive" in B class. And my SW Ohio kid that I mentioned in another thread was bumped to B, and never raced one B moto, and was granted an appeal back to C. Why would that be granted without any evidence that he was not "competitive"

Seems to me the AMA collects the $50, grants the appeal and moves on. Alex......what percentage of appeals are granted that are requested by riders?

John250 - I can answer your questions about the kiosk! The Kiosk itself runs MY LAPS/Trackside race software. It isn't a product of the AMA. The actual program itself is ran by a database that is provided locally (for example - the OMA has 1 database that is updated weekly and contains all OMA members.) I do know that MY LAPS and the AMA try to work together solving issues with swiping AMA cards etc, so these are some great suggestions.

I think your suggestions are helpful suggestions; validating AMA's, Classifications, Age restrictions, unfortunately the software isn't that robust. Of course you would need to be able to connect to the "live" AMA database, instead of having your own database and that wouldn't necessarily serve the needs of all organizations. I will pass your suggestions on! Thanks for your input!

Connie

John250 - I can answer your questions about the kiosk! The Kiosk itself runs MY LAPS/Trackside race software. It isn't a product of the AMA. The actual program itself is ran by a database that is provided locally (for example - the OMA has 1 database that is updated weekly and contains all OMA members.) I do know that MY LAPS and the AMA try to work together solving issues with swiping AMA cards etc, so these are some great suggestions.

I think your suggestions are helpful suggestions; validating AMA's, Classifications, Age restrictions, unfortunately the software isn't that robust. Of course you would need to be able to connect to the "live" AMA database, instead of having your own database and that wouldn't necessarily serve the needs of all organizations. I will pass your suggestions on! Thanks for your input!

Connie

I was thinking the same thing, I didnt realize the Kiosk wasnt an AMA piece of equipment. Good info. It would be cool someday if it all integrated but that would be tough to do I bet. It is super nice not having to fill out 4 forms when we race an event with the Kiosk. Sometime I get arm pump at sign up!! Lol

Starting to believe the AMA is garbage.
Who wants to start a new AMA... The AAMAMA
the Anti-American Motorcycle Association Motorcycle Assosication.

Bo, dont listen to Sharc. He just grumpy. Think for yourself and form your own opinions by taking in as much information as possible from all sources, listen to other peoples opinions. Realize they are not evil just because those opinions may differ from your own. In the end most people are good and just trying to do what they think is right. Remember that the only way things change is when people talk about things most people want to avoid!! Even on PR!

Back