UsMCA....so let me get this straight?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
United States motocross coaches association.

Not much info on it besides Jeff emig being one of the founders. Idea is for growth of the sport.

Sounds like a way to grab some cash from trainers.....

Although there's limited info on it. Anybody know anything about why they decided to form I guess what you'd call a union?

Pro motocross riders won't collectively form a rider union/organization, but the trainers do? Not trying to swing this negatively just wondering how is another organization going to promote the sport and get people introduced ? It doesn't sound like it's going to grab new people into the sport, more geared towards riders and families that are searching for a career in the Pros.

http://usmca.org/

As I looked on the site....found a tab. Says it is Founded by a couple of MBAs. Never mind. That degree is trashing professions. Shouldn't be able to acquire a masters degree without experience in the said discipline at the grunt level.

It's just a way to get more people on motorcycles.... Getting people on a bike and teaching them the basics to help grow the sport. I heard they talked about getting every track in the country to possibly not hold a race one weekend a year and open it up for a open practice/training class day for new riders. Someone has to do something to help grow the sport... This is that something.

Well I don't think it is actually Motocross specific Jeff was at a meeting with several others at Pittrace (roadracing venue near Pittsburg) earlier in the summer and there were roadracing, and motocross folks there along with some others.

didn't understand his input in the roadracing group (that is why I remembered it)... but there were a couple roadracing trackday organizers there and typically the stuff they do is more based on free training for beginners starting to ride the track that comes with the trackday. I guess there are "advanced training" days but not many and it is more to get closer to one on one instruction typically.

Back