Transponders, Buckeye Series

doorman

PR Member
I don't no that it can happen, But just would like some feed back on renting, or buying of transponders if possible for series races. There has been some research, but not much on the cost to the tracks. I am just posting this here to get a little feel from you riders weather or not the added cost to you is worth an effort or not. With the rider count that we have had it might be cost effective for the tracks. it might not. Give me some feed back on this if you don't mind.

transponders are for the promoter. the signup fee pays for scorers. while I like the tech, if is unfair to pass the expense on to the racer. if it were 5 bucks then I would say most would be fine with it. 20 to 25 is just way too much,
rfid stickers cost $2, that should be the tech mx organizations, tracks and racers use. the 1995 beeper is just not worth it.

Doorman, Scott P., John and myself would be the one that makes a decision about the series please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks

Doorman, Scott P., John and myself would be the one that makes a decision about the series please feel free to reach out to us.Thanks

Wonder what the other tracks and promoters in the Buckeye Series will think when they find out they have no say in what goes on.

transponders are for the promoter. the signup fee pays for scorers. while I like the tech, if is unfair to pass the expense on to the racer. if it were 5 bucks then I would say most would be fine with it. 20 to 25 is just way too much,
rfid stickers cost $2, that should be the tech mx organizations, tracks and racers use. the 1995 beeper is just not worth it.
motosponder.com

curious how well it works... seems like it would be well worth it.

Wonder what the other tracks and promoters in the Buckeye Series will think when they find out they have no say in what goes on.
Mxgod,
They all have say, we work with the tracks, track promoters. The series has shown that with us working the tracks, the racers have proven the southern part of the state has a lot of racers wanting to race . This proves motocross is not dead, just like the field of dreams movie, you build it they will come. Scott, John and myself prefer everyone to look here on Pitracer , Buckeye Series Facebook page or www.raceohiomx.com for news and information that we are updating weekly .

Thanks

motosponder.com

curious how well it works... seems like it would be well worth it.

Western Reserve uses it, it seems like it works ok. Biggest problem, it doesn't play well with trackside software. We basically have to run the race in motosponder, and make a dummy race in trackside to make it work up there. Now before you say just run their software, 95% of the tracks use trackside, we submit results uses trackside, its not easy to switch that. If motosponder would work with trackside, Briarcliff would already have it. Someone needs to solve this issue.

Western Reserve uses it, it seems like it works ok. Biggest problem, it doesn't play well with trackside software. We basically have to run the race in motosponder, and make a dummy race in trackside to make it work up there. Now before you say just run their software, 95% of the tracks use trackside, we submit results uses trackside, its not easy to switch that. If motosponder would work with trackside, Briarcliff would already have it. Someone needs to solve this issue.
Is trackside associated with Mylaps or Escore? Those are the transponder people that i'm aware of. Curious if that is why motosponder made their own software

Is trackside associated with Mylaps or Escore? Those are the transponder people that i'm aware of. Curious if that is why motosponder made their own software

John Dains created trackside, he is affiliated with mylaps in some capacity. Escore is run by Drew Carl who uses the mylaps/trackside technology to offer transponder scoring for tracks.

So the Dains connection might be why motosponder had to create their own software. Would be awesome to get everything worked out. I don't know how the scoring girls keep track of everything.

I have transponders, so I am totally OK with it. Unfortunately, most do not and the extra $20 or $25 Plus deposit would keep some away. The battle series races use them, and I've heard some people don't go to them for that reason. But my opinion, those are big races and they should be used.

I am all for using technology for scoring. But it cost money. Funny though, we sit here and say people would not come because of cost. But yet if some raced 10 races in a year @ $25 that's $250. Most people racing blow WAY more than that on the coolest boots, graphics, and $1000 pipes that are un-needed. So would $250 a year really keep people from racing?

I know when we raced Saturday night series with the OMA the score keepers at Malvern were spot on! Granted they were no battle races, there was still enough racers there for them to keep track of and made me wonder how they did it with the bigger gates. I would try and ask them and see if they could possibly help out with any suggestions. You could always set up a video cam at the finish line and if you have any arguments you can look over footage.

I have transponders, so I am totally OK with it. Unfortunately, most do not and the extra $20 or $25 Plus deposit would keep some away. The battle series races use them, and I've heard some people don't go to them for that reason. But my opinion, those are big races and they should be used.

I am all for using technology for scoring. But it cost money. Funny though, we sit here and say people would not come because of cost. But yet if some raced 10 races in a year @ $25 that's $250. Most people racing blow WAY more than that on the coolest boots, graphics, and $1000 pipes that are un-needed. So would $250 a year really keep people from racing?

Yea. They'll still have a cool looking practice bike though.

Back