It's been a year

nitrofish

PR Addict
IMG_1090.JPG
It was one year ago at the Battle at BC. I remember the day vividly, the phone call, the hope it was not him. Have you ever looked at the stones at the BC tower? Ryan Longstreth passed in 2013, a BC regular, a great moto ambassador, a Cycra employee and much more. He is one stone. I only met Ryan a handful of times but it only took once to know he was a great guy. Rob Miracle is the guy that approached J.O about setting that stone to honor his best friend. I was there the day that Jeremy placed that stone, a memorial for Ryan. Rob was giddy and proud, I remember sending him pics and he couldn't wait to see it in person. Robbie made it a vendetta of sorts to keep his best friend's legacy alive. Sticking #711 stickers everywhere he traveled, honoring his friend. Rob asked me one day if we would honor his best friend by running Riding For Ryan 711 graphics on our bike, I said hell yea! I felt, as little as I had known Ryan, if Rob loved him, we did too. I will admit, I told him we can't change our number from 65 to 711. He respected that. I was there the day Jeremy set that second stone.Best friends side by side. It is eerily ironic. Rob passed 8.27.16 when he was hit head on by a distracted driver on his Indian motorcycle. Rob#241 raced vintage moto and kicked ass, he rode every moment he had, he was a stranger to no one and a best friend to all. We've never run a different number on our bikes, but this weekend and every BC battle there after, we will. This is therapy for me, I confide in my moto family from time to time. I need you now.

Very well said Matt. As odd as it was to not call #65 to the gate today, Jack did the #241 and Rob proud today.

Back