Buckeye Hills Uphill Start

How big is the hill? I remember scenic highlands having a steep uphill start and being on a 125.

Only raced Scenic once but remember the start well.
Was not a fan of their start set up. Steep uphill start into a really tight right side hairpin turn, and right back down the hill again with a right hand curve behind the starting gate.

It is so hard to make money these days running a track. I don't blame them. New facility, with a lot of investment, and only a couple races to get it right. Now days, people are NOT racing mudders for a piece of plastic. Way too hard on $10,000 bikes, and the ROI is not worth it. Plus used to be everyone showed up in trucks and small trailers. Now with Huge motothomes and 5th wheels, the parking situation has to be taken into consideration. You think Scott wants to spend his time pulling people up a hill or out of a parking lot?

Face it, times have changed. Very few people really want to show up and race on race day if the conditions are going to be crappy. I know I don't. My son could care less, but he pays for nothing, and does not work on bikes. Definitely not fun for me, and more work than it is worth. If it was crappy I would not have went. $75 in registration, $40 less through gate. So how many more people are there like me that they would lose $115 from? It starts adding up.

Did not know they renamed that storm from Harvey to Baja.... Yeap, got to cancel
Race Ohio, unless it looks like rain... then race somewhere else... WEAK, very weak. Disappointing

With all the fresh dirt moved on the track, around the track, the uphill road being freshly reworked and not quite packed in with the addition of the 1" of rain we had Tuesday we would end up having a mess . The goal in the beginning was to have a well groomed and properly prepped tracks. So far we have lived up to these expectations. we do not want to put on a subpar race. We want everyone to come out camp, fish, race and ride their pitbikes and walk away having great all around experience. All though this was a tough decision to make, Scott, Aaron and myself, made the decision to postpone do to the possible 1 1/2"+ of rain expected. Please remember this track has a ton of elevation changes and not real easy to prep as it would be for a track being built on flat ground.

With all the fresh dirt moved on the track, around the track, the uphill road being freshly reworked and not quite packed in with the addition of the 1" of rain we had Tuesday we would end up having a mess . The goal in the beginning was to have a well groomed and properly prepped tracks. So far we have lived up to these expectations. we do not want to put on a subpar race. We want everyone to come out camp, fish, race and ride their pitbikes and walk away having great all around experience. All though this was a tough decision to make, Scott, Aaron and myself, made the decision to postpone do to the possible 1 1/2"+ of rain expected. Please remember this track has a ton of elevation changes and not real easy to prep as it would be for a track being built on flat ground.
Oh I understand. Your more than likely correct and its a good plan. But like Johnny said, times have changed and I still like the old skool race no matter what mentality. Nevertheless, I will be there when it happens. That means 5 straight weeks of races. That's pretty old skool so I guess that makes up for it.
Oh wait, that means a 3 day weekend with no racing. My honey-do-list is going to be overwhelming. Crap, just know I am going to have to hang a new door to the laundry room... I never liked the name Harvey...

Back