2018 Yamaha YZ 250F

John250

PR Founding Father
So where is a good dealer to go to for a great price on a new YZ 250F. I have two local dealers. One has never been competitive on new bikes, with the fees, prep, etc. Great people run the place, I like them and try to buy some things there, but last time shopping for Matthew a new bike, he told me if I could buy it that cheap to go buy it, that he could not sell it for that price.

Last bike I bought, I got an OK price on, went into that dealer to ask about a 2018 250F. The guy I bought the 125 from is no longer there. Guy I spoke to said, well w will be selling all them for retail for a while if you want one. Kind of blew me off like I was not a serious buyer.

So where is a Yamaha dealer that wants to sell a new 250F for a decent price, without all the BS?

It is things like this, and online shops like RMATVMC that will eventually lead us to buying bikes online too. I would love to be able to log onto RMATVMC and have them ship me a new 250F for a killer price. Honestly, I think they fight for my business more than the brick and mortar stores, and their customer service is incredible.

I have had great luck with Millers Motorsports. They are in PA.

No BS, Ernie is straight up and sells cheaper than anyone I have found. It is a little drive (for me) but like how he runs his Buisness.

You can try Lancaster Sport Cycles. If you buy from them, you'll also receive 20-25% off all future purchases.

You can try Lancaster Sport Cycles. If you buy from them, you'll also receive 20-25% off all future purchases.

Plus the owner Tim Shephard is a great guy and a racer, hare scrambles primarily, but fast as heck. He is a rider to the core. If I ever buy a Yamaha it will be from him. No idea on prices though.

Lancaster has never been competitive on bikes prices for me.

John I know who you are talking about , I have always bought somewhere else until recently even though I consider the owner of that shop a good friend. My last 4 new bikes I called him with my best price and he said he couldn't do it. The 18 crf I just bought off him he made $250 off me. I'm ok with that. I would try him again John and keep in mind he's one of very few shops that put money back into Southern Ohio mx. Plus he's is currently sinking a lot of money into a place to ride for all of us.

I have had great luck with Millers Motorsports. They are in PA.

No BS, Ernie is straight up and sells cheaper than anyone I have found. It is a little drive (for me) but like how he runs his Buisness.

My uncle knows him. Doesn't live far from that dealer. I was gonna buy two yamahas off him early this year before I decided on huskys. I think I was around 6300 out the door for a brand new 17 yz. In 17. Plus he will roll parts into the invoice save you on tax. Like pipe if you want one .....adds to price of bike.

Dealers don't really make a whole lot on the bikes. Makes it hard for the small guy to compete with large volume dealers that just blow out bikes. But there are small shops that know how to move units and pass the savings onto the customers. Ernie is the guy at one of them!

There is a small Yamaha dealership called K&C cycle in the Hebron area. I havnt bought a bike off them since 08 but they were very reasonable.

Lancaster has never been competitive on bikes prices for me.
They are usually pretty tight (not much mark up to be made on new bikes anyway), but the new bikes that I have bought there were very competitively priced. I would even go as far as to say they were a really good deal. But then again, I've been going there for over 25 years.

Either way, it's worth a try.

Not sure, but do you have to pay taxes in PA

I will pay taxes. Not worth the hassle of not having it titled when you go to sell the bike.

I see all these guys post about the great deals they get on bikes, so there are dealers that definitely sell under retail on bikes without tacking on $400 freight and set up.

Try Xtreme in Brilliant Ohio,They are a Yamaha dealer as well. Saved $1500 over list on a new KXF250. It was in the crate, which I would rather put together myself anyway.

FYI....... A person could purchase and not pay the taxes. You would have the MSO, but as John mentioned when selling later you would want to have paid them and gotten a real title.

I would worry about it coming back to me if I ever sold a bike with only the MSO. If a future owner tried to title it, I'm not sure what the state would charge for skipping their taxes.

A small shop near me that has not been mentioned is action cycles in alliance. Back in the day I bought several new bikes from them. It's a hole in the wall but 9 times outa 10, they have whatever part you need in stock. Usually gives discount on oem parts too.

Why buy him an 18? It's literally the same exact bike as the 17 except graphics. Iron pony has a left over 17 250f and I know ride 1 powersports has a left over and I believe ask has a 17 left over as well. I know ride 1 has an 18 250f there if you're dead set on that

Back