USGP

Windtunnel36

PR Addict
Didn't see a thread on this subject so thought I'd get it started. I have been reading on RacerX all the past USGP's and found it pretty interesting. I was at Mid Ohio from 75 to 78 and thought it was so cool to see the Euro's and their cool factory bikes. I would like to go to this coming race but it ain't gonna happen this time. I watched the last AMA race and thought Herlings was pretty unbelievable. He was so fast and smooth. I think he is the real deal and just coming into his own. HE started the year off with an injury. I watched Jason Wiegant interview him and think he is pretty calm and cool. I know Eli had a championship to win and it will probably be different at this race. But Eli is either on or off. I went to the Thunder Valley National and he was way off that day. I'm not sure if he is a head case or has secret injuries he is dealing with. I'm sure his shoulders bother him. But I'm picking Herlings to win again this weekend. TC will be up there close. I say Eli 3rd.

Cooper Webb on the new yami will be interesting. I know he didn't like the 17.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I wish I was at WW Ranch this weekend to watch this! Cool to see that place get a big race, good people!!!

Lots of people bagging on the track but I will hold my comments until after I watch the race. I hope it's close racing.

Track looks amazing ...Webb out broke his wrist,Ac out hyper extended knee ..tomac finished 12 in the qualifying. Bam bam got 4th i believe in the qualifying Never mind bam bam crashed and got last!!

Last edited:
Maybe it's more because they only race on chocolate cake prepped tracks. Some of the mxgp surfaces suck donkey dick. But apparently it doesn't inhibit the GP riders ability to go fast on chocolate cake America. I bet if anything it allows them to push even harder.

I was there. My brother was racing in MXGP. Track was wide open fast. Sandy. Very fast. Euros thought it was narrow. Kinda was. Man those guys were strong. Lots of people hurt.

Deep sand some places. Big booters

Amateur day the 50 plus class was the biggest class. Attendance was poor.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1504366162408.jpg
    FB_IMG_1504366162408.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 222
Wow, that is some deep dark sand. Not many can say they raced in a MXGP class. Bummer about the injuries. Makes what Herlings did more impressive.

That track looked like it had to suck. Haven't seen the race yet, but did not look fun.

Funny on vital people are calling for hard pack tracks.

Babahahahahahah. Yea right. Not in America. Can't race a hard pack surface..nothing but bitching will ensue..it's all supposed to be sand/deep clay.

19ceea0f2801861f47106fbe2fe40552.jpg

Anyone see RJ Hampshire rip the holeshot in moto two? Outside gate went out to hardpack. Pretty cool line!

Yea, I think there is a video on RacerX of RJ ripping up the side lines. Cool stuff. He sure had a good day and his first pro win. Somebody asked if a GP was anyone's first win before RJ. Johnny O did it at Mid-Ohio on a Mugen Honda.

19ceea0f2801861f47106fbe2fe40552.jpg

Anyone see RJ Hampshire rip the holeshot in moto two? Outside gate went out to hardpack. Pretty cool line!

That's from jack Howell playbook. Always ripped up the grass at OIR on outside. Never second to the first turn. Ever.

Back