Looking for help

BWagner15

PR Member
Hey guys. I am looking for a company that offers prescription goggles. Having some eye issues and contacts don't work. Any help would be appreciated

I wear glasses and Ive always wanted to try:
http://www.pro-vue.com/

Though Im way to cheeeap and just wear normal goggles over my glasses. Just have to make sure you keep anti-fog on your glasses(Im really cheap and just use barbasol shaving cream as anti-fog).

i know its not the answer you're looking for, but a side note..i couldnt ride with contacts..horrible experience.. got PRK (same - ish thing as lasik) and was the best $ ever spent.

Though Im way to cheeeap and just wear normal goggles over my glasses. Just have to make sure you keep anti-fog on your glasses(Im really cheap and just use barbasol shaving cream as anti-fog).
The whole glasses thing is new to me but don't your glasses bounce around inside your goggles?

i know its not the answer you're looking for, but a side note..i couldnt ride with contacts..horrible experience.. got PRK (same - ish thing as lasik) and was the best $ ever spent.

I am not sure if that is an option. I am looking at another form of eye surgery now to fix another issue. Once that side is handled I am hoping that is an option. For now just was hoping for goggles with my prescription in them

I always use Scott OTG goggles and fee they work the best for me. I wasn't aware you could even get prescription MX goggles.

The whole glasses thing is new to me but don't your glasses bounce around inside your goggles?
No, but sweat does. I always had an issue with the sweat getting on my glasses and blocking my vision. I wear contacts now.

The new Scott Split OTG goggles or the 100% Accuri OTG googles are two very good OTG googles. I use Scott 87 googles from years ago. I actually bought them at Iron Pony when they were on a close out sale for about $5 each years ago. I still have one pair in the box for a backup.
No I don't notice my glasses bouncing at all. But, there are precautions you must use other than the average rider. Your glasses will fog up before your googles, so you gotta have a defog towel or wipe for both sides of your glasses and the insides of the googles. Also, if you ride in the rain you'll need lots of tearoffs, or roll offs, as you don't want to take the googles off. Won't take much for the glasses to get muddy or water on them and you can't take them off.
I've used contacts too, they work well too, but I always forget to put them in before I leave because I usually wear glasses. Never had a problem with contacts, but always bring everything with you that you need to take them out and clean them if you have too, and an extra set, and your glasses as backups.

BWagner15,
Read back through some of the older threads, as it seems that we had this same conversation around a year ago. There might be some helpful info in that thread as well.

There are quite a few on here that have the same issue. Like many, I wear contacts when I ride and race. Not the best idea and I've had issues many times. And I'm a big time sweat-hog, and have to wear a sweat band under my helmet.

I've actually had to change out my contacts at the track before between races.

These are the guys I bouught from. He loves them and it has really improved his riding!!

Back