Anybody know where there's a turn track?

jj584

PR Addict
The kid and I need rutted turn practice. Looking for a figure 8 or a circle. We have a little section in the yard but it doesn't rut up.

Take a shovel to the corners of your track and dig down deep...add a bit of sand (or not) and soak it, you'll have ruts. Other than that, Smith Road.

Battlesburg had a turn track behind it that Mike Katin used been a long time since I rode there might still be around

Too far for you but this info may help others. East Fork has a make shift figure 8 inside their C track. I always warm up on it for 10 minutes before practice. Helps me not to get run over in the rutts during practice. Also I should mention the C track is barely used and is great for working on stuff instead of just going round and round as fast as you can. Hope this helps.

Too far for you but this info may help others. East Fork has a make shift figure 8 inside their C track. I always warm up on it for 10 minutes before practice. Helps me not to get run over in the rutts during practice. Also I should mention the C track is barely used and is great for working on stuff instead of just going round and round as fast as you can. Hope this helps.
And now they're open 7 days a week!

Battlesburg had a turn section up on top of one of the hills. I uses to hit that and loop back around. Not sure if they even run the track up there anymore but it was really good turn practice. Had some off cambers, tight 180s, 90s, and a sweeper.

The kid and I need rutted turn practice. Looking for a figure 8 or a circle. We have a little section in the yard but it doesn't rut up.

It doesn't rut up because you are not on the gas enough and or you are not taking the same line every time.

Run yours both directions and it won't take too long before it has a decent rut.

You could always ask a seasoned pro to come break it in for ya, it will have ruts in it then.

My other suggestion is Jimmy weinerts training facility. He has a turn track that is over a 3 minute lap time, more ruts than you can sake a stick at, and enough bumps that you will need a list of professionals help to get your body right again after you spend a few hours on it.

It doesn't rut up because you are not on the gas enough and or you are not taking the same line every time.

Run yours both directions and it won't take too long before it has a decent rut.

You could always ask a seasoned pro to come break it in for ya, it will have ruts in it then.

My other suggestion is Jimmy weinerts training facility. He has a turn track that is over a 3 minute lap time, more ruts than you can sake a stick at, and enough bumps that you will need a list of professionals help to get your body right again after you spend a few hours on it.

JWTF is always a stop of mine any time I travel south.

That place was cool back then. It's probably way better now. I went down in probably 06ish and there was a huge rig parked there. I asked about it and they said it was cooper webbs. I rode with him all week. Crazy he was on a Honda 85 and still the fasted kid out there. Lol

Back