Bike Night at AMA Hall of Fame

Alex186

PR Member
This is a little more street related but either way something for all motorcyclists. Come hang and check out the new museum displays (a ISDE display featuring all of the 2016 winning bikes) and cool new bikes in in the AMA Hall of Fame at no cost. Saturday Night the AMA is hosting an AMA Bike Night, free to the public with plenty to see and do. Below is some of the basic information. Rumor is the Hall of Fame inductees plus current HOF members (not sure who yet) will be in attendance hanging out with their motorcycles. Drive in if you want.. riding in would be cooler.

upload_2017-9-15_10-45-8.png

upload_2017-9-15_10-45-38.png

Honestly the AMA membership is worth it for the roadside assistance alone. Wife and I got a flat tire leaving myrtle beach (we were right by SOB on 95) called the AMA roadside assistance and had a tow truck there within a couple hours and he took us to the nearest Walmart to get a new tire.

Sounds a lot cheaper than AAA. Does it really work that easily? I have AAA, but dropped my AMA membership about 7 years ago. Maybe I should reconsider.

Towed the wifes car from our driveway to the shop when the starter went out while I was out of town. Changed out a flat for my daughter at the mall. I have heard it can be more difficult in remote areas but not sure.

With all do respect.. I appreciate the positive comments but in the office (our senior staff) we totally rely on the roadside assistance as one of biggest benefits. We should be doing plenty more for members and organizers plus having better member discounts. The bar is pretty low, again in my opinion. But then again, I have debbie downer attitude (as I'm told) but hey if your not first, your last.

The bike night and our AMA Congress is this weekend. I've been to a couple of these bike nights, we actually get a pretty decent crowd, makes me want to build a cafe racer and start riding more street stuff. Different vibe with the street side.

Big rule change that is coming down the pipeline that will be discussed at AMA Congress... on the amateur side, moving the age to be advanced through the national advancement system from B to the A class from 16 to 17. Thoughts? Keep in mind the AMA Congress meetings are open to the public if you're interested. We are meeting down at the convention center in coordination with the AIMExpo this weekend in Columbus, OH, Thursday is seminars and workshops for organizers and Friday is rule committee meetings.

From 16 to 17....plus one mandatory 125 season fresh out of supermini ?

16 to 17 seems very reasonable. Could prevent a Zach bell catastrophic sx crash? (Was he 16 during that ?)

How about a new rule on appealing to go back to C class after being bumped to B class. You should actually have to ride 12 or so B class races before your eligible to prove that your "not competitive" in B class. As it sits now, appeals are being given to EVERYONE for $50. You could not even have raced a B class race, and claim "non competitive".

If you attend Friday as a member, is there a time that members are allowed to address the board?

I've used roadside 3 times. It works great for tows. One time they could not find me in the system, told them I was a life member, and they came back and said, OK.

Back