Two stroke premix

MXracn746

PR Addict
With the Red Bull Straight Rhythm holding a Ken Roczen 2 stroke class, it got me thinking...what's the sweetest smelling 2 stroke premix you ever smelled, combined with the performance of it?

This thread makes me think......

Anyone want to trade their 250 two stroke for my fo fiddy? I miss that smell bad!

Blendzall

P3220004Large.jpg

and Castrol R

$_58.JPG

I'm lazy and don't like to mess with mixing anything so we have been getting the VP C50, already mixed and smells fantastic! :)

I was always a fan of the klotz r50 mixed with some C12. The klotz always made the smoker smell soooo good, I would go in my garage with doors shut and start up the 250 justvto smell it
I did that too when my son was on 85s.

Are you still doing that John, with Matt's 125?

If you factor in other stuff besides smell, I'd never pick 927...it's the one and only oil over the course of 40 some years that ever gummed up my rings to the point that the engine didn't have enough compression to start. And that happened after less than a half dozen rides on a new top end. Way too dirty!

That being the case, I'd vote klotz for smell... but I use yamalube.

If you factor in other stuff besides smell, I'd never pick 927...it's the one and only oil over the course of 40 some years that ever gummed up my rings to the point that the engine didn't have enough compression to start. And that happened after less than a half dozen rides on a new top end. Way too dirty!

That being the case, I'd vote klotz for smell... but I use yamalube.

Man I never have heard that about 927. I've been using that stuff for 4 years in my CR and never had an issue. I did hear it can separate when it sits too long so I asked Ron Lechien, family owns Maxima, about it when I saw him at Unadilla. He said "nope just make sure you mix it well"

About ready to do a complete rebuild to include splitting the cases. I'll have to see what it looks like and will report back if I see that. I do always have people ask what I am running because of the smell! Heck when I'm warming it up for oil changes in my yard I turn around and run the opposite way so I can smell it.

Man I never have heard that about 927. I've been using that stuff for 4 years in my CR and never had an issue. I did hear it can separate when it sits too long so I asked Ron Lechien, family owns Maxima, about it when I saw him at Unadilla. He said "nope just make sure you mix it well"

About ready to do a complete rebuild to include splitting the cases. I'll have to see what it looks like and will report back if I see that. I do always have people ask what I am running because of the smell! Heck when I'm warming it up for oil changes in my yard I turn around and run the opposite way so I can smell it.
I got a case of castor 927 with a 1989 CR 250 . I had to glass bead below the exhaust valves three times on that bike . I only ran the caster because it was free with the bike . I will never run again . Been running golden spectrum for 30 years other than that one year stint with the 927.

Glad it's worked out well for you Bill...I've always wondered why it gummed up on me so quickly back when I had tried it out. I mixed it at the correct ratio and the only thing that was different in any way at all is that I was trying out some Klotz octane booster that was a freebee from a race. 927 smells good but it has a reputation for burning dirty.

Back