Could Riding Trials be More Fun?......

suzuki596

PR Member
So I had the amazing opportunity thanks to Brad Baumert to ride a brand new Sherco 300 Trials Bike. I honestly think that was one of the most fun experiences I have had on a motorcycle. Learning how to use throttle control, and balance at extremely low speeds will translate to motocross. I think if you have a chance ride a trials bike they are really really awesome!!!

Zman and I did the trials thing one year at AMA Vintage Days on Yamaha TY 250's that we borrowed from a friend. We had a blast and no idea what we were doing, but it was fun learning as we went. We laughed all day long while we rode those trials bikes.

So light and flickable. Very torquey machines. Would be a blast to actually dedicate some time into that discipline of riding.

Second bike ever as a kid was a TY80. For sure helps with balance. I want to try it again
I have a TY250 I believe it's an 80s model my dad traded an old boat for it when I was younger. It's geared insanely low. Trials tires. Headlight. I always thought trials stuff would be a lot of fun. Kind of like flatland bmx.

I've considered getting a trials bike several times throughout my life. Seems like I usually consider more seriously after a MX injury... Lol

I picked up a 96 GasGas for my son this year, and he has been riding it more than his dirtbike. He can jump on it and ride it around the house having fun without offending any neighbors. Will see if its helped his riding any this weekend at Tvland.

I picked up a 96 GasGas for my son this year, and he has been riding it more than his dirtbike. He can jump on it and ride it around the house having fun without offending any neighbors. Will see if its helped his riding any this weekend at Tvland.
Sharc and I talked about it a few years ago. My Forrest has a couple.
I thought it would just tempt me to do something stupid in it!
Ha ha

Been trials Riding for four years now and have been having a blast. Trials Inc put on awesome family oriented events! Most events are at people's houses and everyone is always willing to help you become better!!! I started on a ty250 and bought a new beta within 6 months!!!

Trials Inc hosted rounds three and four of the nationals in southington Ohio this year and did a awesome job!!!! The joy of trials is you don't need a huge area to ride!!!! Niagra trials rider and d-4 in NY also put on great events!

Started trials riding in April of 2015 and all my YZ 250F did was sit in the garage so I sold it last September. I have never had a bad day riding trials! I go out to the local club and go play in the woods. Track is dry, track is wet, track is not prepped what do i care. Trials Inc is awesome, Niagara Trials Riders are awesome with most events around buffalo and then you have D4 which is PA and NY. Plus Miller Ranch Trials events that 2 brothers do and get like 100 bikes each time.

Sean has a Beta 300 and I have a Sherco 250; they all have strange names. GasGas, Beta, Sherco, Scorpa, Montesa/Honda, TRS, Vertigo ($$$), Ossa

Back