Step van

Motodad23

PR Member
I was wondering if anyone ever used one for a motovan. Pros,cons, thoughts. I was actually looking for an enclosed trailer or a sprinter van but this came along over the weekend and it's so cheap it's hard to pass up. It needs a little work but I'm pretty good with a wrench lol. I'd want to change out drivers seat and add a bench seat for sure. The furthest track I go to usually is the cliff which is about 2 hr drive. Most others we go to are about 30-45 min drive. Would like to hit up 421 mx sometime but not sure how these things are comfort wise.

I could buy 5 of this one and still not be close to what you want lol. That's why I'm saying it's hard to pass up but I don't know if I'll like it.

Think bread truck, UPS truck. My bud used to use one way back in the day. Actually drove it all the way to California. A lot of them had 350 Chevy motors and run pretty good. Plenty of parts, and room. Plenty of things you can do to make a cool moto van plus sleep in it. Not very good on gas or very fast. Think big truck pushing a lot of wind.

Think bread truck, UPS truck. My bud used to use one way back in the day. Actually drove it all the way to California. A lot of them had 350 Chevy motors and run pretty good. Plenty of parts, and room. Plenty of things you can do to make a cool moto van plus sleep in it. Not very good on gas or very fast. Think big truck pushing a lot of wind.
Yeah it's actually a Fed ex van on Ford chassis. I didn't measure but guessed it to be a 12' box.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

When I worked at ups I consistently added 1-2 quarts of oil to every truck adter every day the drivers came back.

I used to unload trucks. Load semis and then wash all the step ups and check all their oils.

Check the oil!

Back in the eighties I worked for a local electrical contractor and regularly drove a "bread truck" service truck. It had a GM straight 6 engine and manual 3 speed transmission that was super reliable and would haul a load without any problems. He actually owned a couple of them. They are a bit top heavy though when it comes to driving and taking turns.

On a side note, we have a local guy here in Newark that used to race motocross a lot here in central Ohio back in the eighties, and he currently owns this one:

I looked at the van a little Sunday the guy wasn't there. I think it has the 5.4 in it and it's automatic.
Don’t spend your money on a POS Van that’s going to leave you stranded and nickel dime you to death. Get a 6 or 7 by 12 trailer and you’ll be better off.

Back