Step van

Motodad23

PR Member
I was wondering if anyone ever used one for a motovan. Pros,cons, thoughts. I was actually looking for an enclosed trailer or a sprinter van but this came along over the weekend and it's so cheap it's hard to pass up. It needs a little work but I'm pretty good with a wrench lol. I'd want to change out drivers seat and add a bench seat for sure. The furthest track I go to usually is the cliff which is about 2 hr drive. Most others we go to are about 30-45 min drive. Would like to hit up 421 mx sometime but not sure how these things are comfort wise.

Motodad23

PR Member
I could buy 5 of this one and still not be close to what you want lol. That's why I'm saying it's hard to pass up but I don't know if I'll like it.

Windtunnel36

PR Addict
Think bread truck, UPS truck. My bud used to use one way back in the day. Actually drove it all the way to California. A lot of them had 350 Chevy motors and run pretty good. Plenty of parts, and room. Plenty of things you can do to make a cool moto van plus sleep in it. Not very good on gas or very fast. Think big truck pushing a lot of wind.

Motodad23

PR Member
Think bread truck, UPS truck. My bud used to use one way back in the day. Actually drove it all the way to California. A lot of them had 350 Chevy motors and run pretty good. Plenty of parts, and room. Plenty of things you can do to make a cool moto van plus sleep in it. Not very good on gas or very fast. Think big truck pushing a lot of wind.
Yeah it's actually a Fed ex van on Ford chassis. I didn't measure but guessed it to be a 12' box.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
When I worked at ups I consistently added 1-2 quarts of oil to every truck adter every day the drivers came back.

I used to unload trucks. Load semis and then wash all the step ups and check all their oils.

Check the oil!

NQ1965

PR Elite
Back in the eighties I worked for a local electrical contractor and regularly drove a "bread truck" service truck. It had a GM straight 6 engine and manual 3 speed transmission that was super reliable and would haul a load without any problems. He actually owned a couple of them. They are a bit top heavy though when it comes to driving and taking turns.

On a side note, we have a local guy here in Newark that used to race motocross a lot here in central Ohio back in the eighties, and he currently owns this one:

MX099

PR Addict
I looked at the van a little Sunday the guy wasn't there. I think it has the 5.4 in it and it's automatic.
Don’t spend your money on a POS Van that’s going to leave you stranded and nickel dime you to death. Get a 6 or 7 by 12 trailer and you’ll be better off.