Is this a scam?

john lilly

PR Addict
I had a guy text me about our YZ250f that I have for sale. I looked up the area code because I didn't recognize it and that "area code" had a lot of scams tied to it. Not for motorcycles but other things. It also appears to be an area code from the Raleigh/Durham area. I texted him back and told him that if he was truly interested in our bike to call me, which he did. He said, that he is from NC and drives around this part of the country and buys bikes to sell down where he is from. As a matter of fact he was near Akron and heading to Garrettsville to pick up a bike. He seemed real, told me his name was Mitch, and sounded like my persuasion. So, he asked for more pics, which I sent him. I told him my price was firm and how everything was rebuilt for Loretta's, ridden there but that my son isn't interested in it any longer. I also told him that he could look at it but the exchange of title and cash will only happen at the bank, which he seemed fine with. He looked at the pics I sent to him, shot me a low ball offer and I said, no thanks. I am just wondering if anyone else is familiar with this guy or situation? He said he drives a sprinter van.

If he wants it he meets you at your bank. That's it.No checks. Just cash. Bank will be able to tell if the money's real.

Lot of people out there just trying to get that low ball deal of the century. You did the best thing, talk to him on the phone and state your demands for cash and the meeting place.

When I post something for sale I don’t leave a phone number on pitracer, but I do leave one on Craigslist so I know which side of the fence I’m dealing with. I’ve had area codes from Arizona and California texting me and I know it’s BS! I even had a guy say his driver was in the area and he could pick it up. If someone really wanted it, they should have done their homework on it and gave you a reasonable offer. Craigslist people are sometimes a bunch of fence jumpers trying to scam someone!

Back