Low turnouts, where’s everybody ride.

jj584

PR Addict
I ride smith a lot and cabin, they’re local for me and I see maybe 20 riders at smith 30 maybe at Cabin. Was at Beans today and there’s was about the same, tv land a couple weeks ago and the same. Where is everybody riding at and how do these places make money with such low turnout?

We used to race those couch things 2 times a weekend. I will never race for points again. I’ll hit one here and there for fun but I would rather ride all day, rest for as long and as often as I wish for my dollar. My post wasn’t a complaint post, I’m just curious. I like the tracks I’ve been to so far and I’m having a blast on my bike. Just feel bad for track owners sometimes.

This time of year, I ride right to the treestand. Ok, maybe I walk there, but you get the idea. Sold my bike too early this year cuz I do have the itch right now.

I do prefer low turnouts for practice days but thats just me being greedy. No way am I going to a track with 12 different groups for practice. I'm not a sprinter type rider and enjoy long motos at my vet pace. It does always surprise me that a track like beans has less riders show up than other tracks. It really is a first class facility and you can tell a lot of work goes into the track. I took this photo last week. only 12 people were there. It was the most fun I had all year.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20171007_114254.jpg
    thumbnail_20171007_114254.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 186
So you prefer low turnouts ? Or I’m not sure where you’re going with this...
I don’t care who’s there, I like the small crowds. Just curious if it was the norm, and how tracks can keep going like that. Ive rode 7 different tracks since getting back into it and turnout is the same.

We got there at 9:30 and the lady at the gate said there were already a few hundred people there i put just over 3hrs on my bike that day it was a fun
I think that’s about the time we rolled into crow as well. I see why so many people love that facility.

Back