Team Harescramble World Championship

ActionSports

PR Addict
The 32nd Team Harescramble Championship of the World will take place Sunday, November 5th, 2017 for motorcycles and Sunday, November 18th for ATVs at the Action Sports Moto Park 10700 Salem Rd in Athens, Ohio. Come and see what fun four to five hundred riders have every year.

Known as the most fun on wheels the Team Harescramble Championship of the World began in 1984 and has grown to be the largest event of its kind and one of Ohio's largest harescramble events as over 200 teams compete throughout the weekend.

Over the years participating riders have included former National Enduro Champions Jeff Russell and Terry Cunningham, GNCC Champions Scott Plessinger and Scott Summers, along with Robbie Jenks, Charlie Mullins, Cory Buttrick, and many others. It is a favorite among the mini, amateur and ATV riders as well.

The 5 mile course combines fun and easy open woods along with Grand Prix and motocross sections with no whoops or double jumps. It is designed to be fun for riders of all skill levels. It has great dirt, a great deal of elevation changes, but still no radical hills. It's a fantastic place to watch and even more fun to ride. There is plenty of flat parking for RV's and campers and overnight camping is free. Admission is only $10.00.

Please support our Sponsors!!

Father and Son Mini Classes: The mini father and son cycle class was created at the parents' request. This class runs separately and takes place on the easiest course possible, so all riders of any skill level can complete the course. Kids can compete on any size mini bike 50-105cc, and the parents can compete on any full size motorcycle. ALL competitors that race in this father and son class must realize that this is a fun event and there will be adults on full size motorcycles on the track at the same time as their kids on mini bikes. Therefore extreme caution and courtesy must be used at all times. We have held the father and son mini cycle race for years with great success.

2017 Team HS flier 1 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: k01
The 32nd Team Harescramble Championship of the World will be rescheduled due to this weeks rain. The forecast shows rain throughout the weekend. The new date is Saturday November 18th. If we can't run it on the 18th we'll run it on November 25th or 26th. I am determined to run this race!! I'll have a new flier with classes and time later this morning, stay tuned.

2017 Team HS flier reschedule 1.jpg

My brother and i are planning on eunning this event. How exactly does this team format work? Neither kf us has ever ran a harescramble, only gp races.

Copied from Action Sports site.
http://www.actionsportsracing.com

11/16/2017 9:43 P.M.
The 32nd Team Harescramble Championship of the World has again been rescheduled. I'll shoot for for Saturday or Sunday November 25th or 26th, which ever day looks like it's going to be the best. The forecast for next week looks great, until Saturday which shows rain. Hopefully the Saturday forecast will change. I'll run only IF, I can get enough of my staff to work the weekend after Thanksgiving, so please stay tuned!!
We had a lot of rain here Wednesday and the weather forecast for this Saturday shows a 90% chance of rain begining Friday night through Sunday morning with 20 mph winds.
Please share and like this post and spread the word and check back for updates next week. Thank you, Drew WolfeA

My brother and i are planning on eunning this event. How exactly does this team format work? Neither kf us has ever ran a harescramble, only gp races.

Just share laps between two riders. Numbers on helmets and pass a tag between riders so active rider has it on course. All explained well at the event. Might want to take along a clip for the tag. Usually not a grueling HS.

Anthony and I want to do this race as well.
It's unfortunate that the weather kept Drew and Crew from the original schedule and date.

We'll just have to see if we can work it in now.
I originally wrote this post with some whining about having to get up at 5am for a now 9am race, and that I hate fighting a bike on a muddy track on a cold morning, but I realized that just made me sound like a whining, sniveling wussy boy that is a fair weather wimp.

Real Men and Women do it anyway huh! :D

Any races at Action Sports are worth the trip and always disappointing if cancelled.

Last edited:
You have to understand the 100 rule.

Drew has a special rule.... 100 miles / 100 days/ and 1/100" of rain and 100% he cancels

We all love his track, but we all know it NEVER happens because of the 100 rule.

WTF ??????????????/

I remain the optimist. Enjoyed laps to the very end there last February. Turned out to be my only chance to ride the place this year. Would make an excellent date for the 2018 team race. And I have raced Action Sports in the mud many times over the years, if not of late...
2017-02-20 17.54.36.jpg

And in muddy water a few times too.
2017-05-03 21.18.20.jpg

Back