Is it over?

Beans MXGP Sunday, should be a good one. Ride the morning race, practice have fun learn the track, whatever. Then sign up for second race and go for the win. It's almost 2 hours of riding with a half time break, how can you beat it?

Beans MXGP Sunday, should be a good one. Ride the morning race, practice have fun learn the track, whatever. Then sign up for second race and go for the win. It's almost 2 hours of riding with a half time break, how can you beat it?
I’ve never rode a GP before. I went to Beans once and I wasn’t doing very well and left after 20 laps before I hurt myself. The main issue was that I’m a noob and suck pretty bad, great track just above my ability at the moment. Second issue is never have breakfast nookie before riding, just makes you lazy!

I’ve never rode a GP before. I went to Beans once and I wasn’t doing very well and left after 20 laps before I hurt myself. The main issue was that I’m a noob and suck pretty bad, great track just above my ability at the moment. Second issue is never have breakfast nookie before riding, just makes you lazy!
I feel like you do. This is my second year of riding but with my busy schedule I've only been on a track about 10 times. It's hard to learn when a track has so many people there and you're more worried about staying out of their way. About a month ago I went to a track and before I got there I told myself this is it I'm either in or out after this. I had never felt so comfortable or confident on bike till that day lol. We should ride together sometime

Cool to read about you guys just getting going and enjoying it.

Thing to remember is - All of us started as new riders and all of us had to learn - so go out on the track and work on your skill. Don't worry about us (others).
Keep a forward momentum (whatever pace that may be) and hold your line as best you can, we'll go around you. No big deal.
If you don't do a jump (no problem) begin moving to the side of the track so we understand your intentions and again just keep your pace and we'll go around you.

Going around slower riders is something that happens all the time.

Don't stress it ......Enjoy!

Been having a blast with the kid and we raced quads for awhile, last year was 08 so the general knowledge is there. Night day difference from quad to bike! For the most part no complaints about riders overtaking me or the kid. I hold my line better he sometimes swabs and I can see people with the shaking helmet of frustration behind him but he’s trying. I have a noticed a difference in rider etiquette varys from track to track. Perhaps the rules of engagement have changed.
My definition of holding a line, I enter a left turn on the inside I continue down that route if the next turn is a right I’m on the outside now and the outside is my line regardless of track conditions. Many times the instance has been, the fast groove is the outside of my left turn than the fast groove drifts into my outside line where I have had contact atleast 6 times. Is this normal? When crossing jumps I’m not hitting I usually postiIon myself if possible not in the groove or fast line, if I can’t avoid it I’ll slow my pace or throw a hand up.

american-red-squirrel.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg

Well there’s more spodes at some tracks than others hahaha. Admittedly I have moved over once or twice, those damn 2 strokes are quiet with their clutches in and no engine braking! Do they make a moto helmet with ear holes? Eighteen years in Aerospace has not been kind.

Back