All right deer hunters let see pictures.

Well, it's been a long time that I've tried to kill a deer with a recurve. Between a lack of time to shoot, or this or that, it took me years to make it happen. Lost my grandpa this year and that kind of lit a fire under me to kill something with his, that he bought new in 1966, bear polar 40# recurve. I also decided it would be on the ground or nothing. Tonight I had a pair of youngings come in for supper. They were less than 12' away at times as I was tucked into a bush just west of the trail they stood on. Talk about shaking like a leaf. Yes, a yearling made my knees knock. It was my moment of Truth I've been waiting for. God and grandpa guided that arrow right threw both lungs of my first recurve deer, and the first deer I've killed at my own home. This deer means more than my 160 I killed with a gun. Thanks to Mark Bower at #kamessports for being patient and helpful through the years. The arrow that killed the deer was a #goldtip traditional built n fletched by Mark, tipped with 100gr brass insert and 100gr g5 montec. I'm extremely blessed to have achieved a long term goal, specially while feeling like crud. Guess I was supposed to use his bow all along. Thankful that my wifey told me I could take a turn n hunt tonight. Now it's her turn to kill the local buck! That would make this the perfect season. It was around 8° when I was posted up. I'm covered in blood because I carried it out on my shoulder because I wanted to leave a light foot print in hopes my wife gets a crack this week. Im definitely out of shape. That deer about killed me. 200yard walk with a deer on my shoulder. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20180114_170807.jpg
    IMG_20180114_170807.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 1,034
Back