1. Dismiss Notice

real 2018 crf 250r reviews???

Discussion in 'MX/SX General' started by sq2208, Dec 29, 2017.

1. sq2208

sq2208 PR Member

Racing Number:
    whats your opinion from a regular riders position and not one of the magazines?? I am looking to purchase a new bike and i wonder if the crf is worth the thousands extra over the left over rmzs???? please only reply if you have ridden the 18 crf 250

2. weasel49

weasel49 PR Member

Racing Number:
  3. weasel49

weasel49 PR Member

Racing Number:
    Listen to those. He’s give a honest review and has several different skill levels of riders help him.

I wouldn’t buy one.

sq2208 likes this.
  4. John250

John250 PR Founding Father

Racing Number:
    The YZF and KTM 250s in my opinion are the top of the class

honda907 likes this.
  5. ChubbyCat113

ChubbyCat113 PR Member

Racing Number:
    There's a good thread on Vital about them a local guy bought one and has been giving reviews

sq2208 likes this.
  6. ChubbyCat113

ChubbyCat113 PR Member

Racing Number:
  7. DTS

DTS PR Addict

Keefer tested podcast.

Jack Bierbower likes this.
  8. Romanyak256

Romanyak256 PR Member

Amazing. Only bike i think is better is the hus/ktm. I would never buy a Suzuki, even if I’m saving thousands, they’re outdated and lack newer technology. Trust me the crf250r is sick

sq2208 and John250 like this.
  9. John250

John250 PR Founding Father

Racing Number:
    And like ZERO resale. They are tough to sell.

10. GeorgiePorgie

GeorgiePorgie PR Founding Father

Racing Number:
    Zook will seriously have some low low resale value. But brand new bike on a budget...kinda can’t beat it for the price. They are nice bikes. Just years behind the rest of the jap models and about 10 years behind ktm/husky seems like.

Nobody I know of is complaining about Honda’s.

sq2208 likes this.
  11. MxFreedom33

MxFreedom33 PR Elite

Racing Number:

You’ll have low resale value on any dirtbike if you buy it New. I couldn’t give away my 350 for $6500... I paid $9,400 OTD... definitely the last time I ever spend $9000+ on a dirtbike. Let’s be real, none of us here are really gonna utilize all of the power and potential of an RMZ or the top tier SXF.. we’ll be about the same speed on a $5,500 RMZ that we would be a $9,400 sxf...when I sell my RMZ in 2 weeks ( kidding ) I’ll lose just as much money on it as I would an sxf.. difference is I have a much less initial investment.

DaveR913, john lilly, saplakc and 2 others like this.
  12. jj584

jj584 PR Member

Racing Number:
    Agreed, I have an older Honda and an older Kawasaki in the garage, if I was to buy new it would be green or yellow. I will never be able to out ride either one and the local dealer is making it hard to say no. A 17 450 and 250 for 12500 our the door for both, green or yellow.

MxFreedom33 and Jack Bierbower like this.
  13. saplakc

saplakc PR Addict

Same here. Paid 10k for a factory edition. Put a rekluse clutch and a slip on pipe. 34 hours on bike. 6500

MxFreedom33 likes this.
  14. Romanyak256

Romanyak256 PR Member

I paid $7400 otd for my 17 crf450r... i highly suggest going red, especially on the 250f.

sq2208 likes this.
  15. MX099

MX099 PR Addict

Racing Number:
    I just came back from riding in Florida. My friend had a 18 CRF450 and his son was on an 18 CRF250.
    They both have e-start, spring forks, and the 250 has killer top end for 18. I’ve been riding blue but I could go Red in a minute.

sq2208 likes this.
  16. MxFreedom33

MxFreedom33 PR Elite

Racing Number:
    I may be the only one in the universe, but the e-start is one thing I don’t miss having.

17. jj584

jj584 PR Member

Racing Number:
    I have not found any deals on 18 Honda’s, I got quote for
    I really like the new Honda’s but I don’t care about e-start. Admittedly the 250f’s motor being a top end oriented power plant does not match my sons riding ability or habits so it may not be the best option. The bike is still sexy as hell and I think the build quality on Honda is better. Is it 2k better though? I have not seen a good deal on a Honda yet.

MxFreedom33 likes this.
  18. MX099

MX099 PR Addict

Racing Number:
    New model year, you might not see much better than msrp

19. GeorgiePorgie

GeorgiePorgie PR Founding Father

Racing Number:
    Eh, wait it out prices always come down ! Depends on how fast you want the bike.

20. MxFreedom33

MxFreedom33 PR Elite

Racing Number:
    They could of at least went with black rims for $9,000

John250 likes this.