A1 Supercross

If tomac could have kept is pants on it could have been a good race. I know they said shoulder but.. his pants... Roczen was riding great. Give him a couple races to warm up and I think he will be up front. Moosecan... eh.

Watched the mains this morning...after I woke up.

The steel grate starts irritate me. Takes away the nostalgic moto art form of gate prep. I think it gives an advantage to rocket ship factory rides. In the event they get a shitty pick for the main. Those bikes are beating the average privateer to the first turn every time when they’re on an even playing field.

Holeshot arent all about reaction time. It’s the first 20 feet. Lurchin out hard Into that first 20 feet gives an advantage to factory equipment. IMO. maybe not we will see though. Tally the privateer starts vs factory start positions into first turn this year. Compare to years before. Maybe same maybe different.

Re the starting grates, take a moment to watch the Dunlop race report.
I assumed they would shred the tire but the slow-mo video shows almost no spin
on the grate but then spins on the Monster gate cover.

I am not a fan of the metal grates either. Come on, it's Motocross. There is a skill in getting good starts.

I also agree the advantage is to the factories for sure.

I disagree, the privateer is now getting the exact same traction as every factory guy out there. Kinda takes away all the factory hole shot programs, and relies more on reaction time again.

Doesn't there have to be a learning curve for everyone coming off of total traction to dirt though? I mean, no spin to whatever conditions are on the other side of the gate has to be a little bit tricky.

In some of the photos it looked like some of the guys were wheeling more than they usually do for sure. I give it a season, the riders wont like it, and it goes away.

If these grates were to trickle down to Amateur racing, what would you do when the center 10-15 are covered in dirt, and the outer ones are still clean.....even playing field? Gone. What do they do the clean them off, leaf blower?

If these grates were to trickle down to Amateur racing, what would you do when the center 10-15 are covered in dirt, and the outer ones are still clean.....even playing field? Gone. What do they do the clean them off, leaf blower?
They ran these grates down at the mini o's I thought the same thing they were full of dirt and you still didnt spin I for one loved them but you do have to have a art to your start now its on the other side of the gate is all

Back