1. Dismiss Notice

What are you paying for health insurance?

Discussion in 'Non-Moto' started by GeorgiePorgie, Jan 12, 2018.

1. GeorgiePorgie

GeorgiePorgie PR Founding Father

Racing Number:
    every year it goes up.

When I was first employed it costed me around $180 a month. No deductible, Out of pocket max $1000. 100% coverage on just about everything.

I’m at $450.90 a month (less all the go fund me money I might get after I actually get hurt —-just kidding) medical dental and vision. No deductible. Out of pocket max 12500/yr. 85/15 plan....

I’m not covered as nicely as I was in 2012 either. I now buy accident insurance as short term disability has been cut out if my defined benefit. So now I buy that privately.

What are you guys at ? I’m spending more, getting less.

2. TwentyThreeMX

TwentyThreeMX PR Founding Father

off the top of my head like $140 a month for medical/dental either $500 or $1000 deductible (changed this year cant remember) and i think 3200 or 4k max outta pocket i think...

3. Jon16

Jon16 PR Founding Father

Super lucky here. Wife's company takes care of hers AND mine. $0 of her paycheck per month. I forget what the deductible is.

4. GeorgiePorgie

GeorgiePorgie PR Founding Father

Racing Number:
    Well, once I got married it doubled. So I’m at a mon
    unheard Of anymore.

I think my job pays $1000 a month and I pay 450. So happy they still do that.

5. Dano762

Dano762 PR Member

Racing Number:
    Across premiums, putting money into our HSA, and deductible limits, my potential max out of pocket is more than a person would make working 40 hours a week earning the Federal minimum wage of $7.25 hour. Wife, son (26 in May), and me.

I guess it beats being bankrupted if I have a kidney stone.

We are essentially self insured (pay for all of our health care) unless there is a catastrophic health event.

Certain wellness checkups are covered with no co-pay or deductible.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  6. Motodad23

Motodad23 PR Member

Racing Number:
    Mine sounds a lot like dano762. I think $3000 deductible/person for me my wife and son. It's anthem blue Cross blue shield. No dental or vision. My boss pays 100%. This is the first year of that and the first time in about 5 years I've had ins so no complaints what so ever here

7. MxFreedom33

MxFreedom33 PR Elite

Racing Number:
    2017 I was paying $538/mo for family health care, vision and dental. 2200 deductible and 5,000 out of pocket max. For 2018 they waxed that plan and now only offer a “ consumer driven “ health care plan. $260/month plus $90/mo “ spousal surcharge “ ... $5,000 deductible and $13,000 out of pocket max. I am responsible for everything basically nothing kicks in till that $5,000 is met, and I mean nothing is covered. We are “ encouraged “ to save in our HSA account on top of the $260/mo.

Really.

I work for a multi-BILLION dollar company owned by the second richest man in the world and I have K-mart healthcare... we ended up switching to my wife’s for 2018.. $330/mo for family $500 deductible $3,900 out of pocket max.

She works for a small privately owned vet clinic.

I’m moving to Zimbabwe.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 10:13 AM
  8. ohiowildman939

ohiowildman939 PR Member

Racing Number:
    I pay 190 a month for family health/dental/optical with $2500 deductible and $5000 max out of pocket. I though we had a shitty plan until I’ve seen some of what you people deal with. I will complain no more.

9. John250

John250 PR Founding Father

Racing Number:
    You really cant compare plans and what people are paying. Different employers contribute different amounts obviously.

I serve on a condo association board. We were talking about one of the hourly employees hourly rate. The association pays 100% of her health insurance. That amount is $11,294 a year (EE Coverage only). So in reality her insurance is worth $5.42 an hour per year. This is a small group that legally does not have to provide insurance.

10. hershey

hershey PR Elite

Racing Number:
    I dont even want to talk ins.....

I provide the health ins for my employees, I pay 50%.

We have seen double digit increases every single year since the ACA was passed. Anyone who says how great the ACA has been is either high or doesnt pay for coverage. This year was a 17% increase and we lost more coverage. Its sad what redistribution of wealth has done to this country. Its easier to not work and be supported by those who work.

GoFar, John250, NQ1965 and 2 others like this.